Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Sapphire Preferred is now 40K [$3000 in 3 months]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 21, 2013, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
Q. What are the best current offers?

Offer for 50K points for $3K spend over 3 months; AF waived first year, $125 thereafter. Extra 5K for adding additional cardholder.

Offer for 40K points for $3K spend over 3 months; AF waived first year, $95 thereafter. Extra 5K for adding additional cardholder.

Offer for 40K points for $2K spend over 3 months; AF waived first year, $95 thereafter.

Q. I just met the spend requirement. When will I receive my signup bonus points?

A. In most cases, your bonus will be credited after the close of the monthly billing cycle in which you meet the spend requirement. (Chase never posts signup bonuses mid-cycle.)

However, owing to a quirk in Chase's system, bonuses associated with charges incurred in the last ~7 days of a billing period may not post until the end of the following billing period. This is true even if the charges appear on your current statement and generate the standard number of points per dollar spent.

Thus, if you meet your bonus spend threshold late in your billing cycle, you may not receive the corresponding signup bonus until the following month. Calling Chase to complain will not change this, so be patient and enjoy your points when they finally appear.

Q. Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?

A. See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards [Consolidated]
Print Wikipost

Chase Sapphire Preferred is now 40K [$3000 in 3 months]

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2011, 2:35 pm

Programs: AS, AA Gold, and Hilton
Originally Posted by jstn
Does anybody know the expiration date on this offer? Planning on applying for the Continental 50k card today since it expires tomorrow and waiting 30 days to apply for this.
I just got the CO card last week. Wish I had waited or this sticks around long enough so I can apply for it in 30-60 days. Not as good as Cap1's regular and business card but still a very nice offer.
Old May 14, 2011, 3:28 pm

And if you don't care for flying, Ultimate Rewards points can also be used to buy really ugly dresses.
Old May 14, 2011, 8:19 pm

So are people getting instant approvals for this offer. I just got the "Decision Pending" page, and there are no comments on here about what approvals people are getting.
Old May 14, 2011, 8:43 pm

Programs: AA PPro/ 1MM+, Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by maccoinnich
And if you don't care for flying, Ultimate Rewards points can also be used to buy really ugly dresses.
Too funny
Old May 15, 2011, 5:40 am

Interesting- I got an offer in the mail yesterday for a similar targeted offer except its for 50,000 miles after the first purchase
Old May 15, 2011, 7:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by robbiesam
Interesting- I got an offer in the mail yesterday for a similar targeted offer except its for 50,000 miles after the first purchase
Care to share any numerical ID for this offer.

We'd jump on this. The 3k3mo is
Old May 15, 2011, 7:33 am

Programs: Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott // WN, AA, BA, UA, AS // Avis
Originally Posted by ZapperO
Just got an extra 25,000 Ultimate Rewards points on a card I opened exactly a year ago. Less than 2 hours to receive the points from the time I requested them this morning. Annual fee was charged 20 days ago and is due in about 10 days, so I just got in under the wire on this one.

The email basically said a friend had gotten the 50,000 offer and I was wondering if there is any way that Chase could match the offer and give me the extra 25,000 points beyond what I originally received when I signed up.

They wrote back and said yes and the points posted instantly in the account! I love my friends on FT
I was planning to do the same thing (since it recently worked for my AMEX).... which department did you write to?
Old May 15, 2011, 10:17 am

Programs: Some.
Originally Posted by robbiesam
Is it for the Preferred card?
Old May 15, 2011, 10:28 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Jetblue Mosaic (past)
Originally Posted by rajuabju
I was planning to do the same thing (since it recently worked for my AMEX).... which department did you write to?
Used the Chase website and their "Send a Message" feature. Had two different accounts, one was sent to the "General Account Inquiry" folks and the other was sent specifically to the Ultimate Rewards department. Both resulted in getting the extra 25k.

Good luck!
Old May 15, 2011, 10:49 am

I tried to apply for both the CO card and sapphire cards one after the other. Was instantly approved for the CO, but got the application pending for sapphire. I guess chase quickly recorded the first application. I should have tried using two browsers and clicking submit at the same time.
Old May 15, 2011, 12:48 pm

Programs: Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott // WN, AA, BA, UA, AS // Avis
Originally Posted by ZapperO
Used the Chase website and their "Send a Message" feature. Had two different accounts, one was sent to the "General Account Inquiry" folks and the other was sent specifically to the Ultimate Rewards department. Both resulted in getting the extra 25k.

Good luck!
I got a response that the 50k offer is for new cardholders only. They gave me 2.5k as a consolation. Which means I'm going to cancel the card before the annual fee is up.

Going to try and call and see if I get any better luck, but probably going to get a similar response, now that I've already been given a token amount of points.
Old May 15, 2011, 1:38 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, AA, USair, United, Amex MR, ICHC, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by rajuabju
I got a response that the 50k offer is for new cardholders only. They gave me 2.5k as a consolation. Which means I'm going to cancel the card before the annual fee is up.

Going to try and call and see if I get any better luck, but probably going to get a similar response, now that I've already been given a token amount of points.
chase is strict on giving out the bonus the second time for the same card. but it doesnt hurt to try again asking for a "one time courtesy" etc
Old May 15, 2011, 4:00 pm

Programs: US, AA, UA, SPG, HHonors, PC
I already have the Chase Freedom card which is also part of their Ultimate Rewards program. However, I cannot tranfer points to any airlines or hotels. I can just get gift cards a $0.01 per point. I wonder if Ican get this card, also.
Old May 15, 2011, 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by XStAnt
I already have the Chase Freedom card which is also part of their Ultimate Rewards program. However, I cannot tranfer points to any airlines or hotels. I can just get gift cards a $0.01 per point. I wonder if Ican get this card, also.
People, at the risk of repeating myself, you'll really be doing yourselves a favor by reading the (not very long) thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other...-1-better.html

Among other things, there is discussion of how someone can not only hold the Freedom and Sapphire Preferred cards at the same time, but how to transfer Ultimate Rewards points earned via the Freedom card over to your Sapphire/UR account -- and thereby perform airline/hotel point transfers.
Old May 15, 2011, 6:47 pm

Another data point:

I sent a secure message basically about getting in on this deal even though I already have a Chase Sapphire (non preferred) card and they said it's only for first time card holders, but went ahead and gave me an instant 2500 points as a gesture of their commitment to me. Fine by me

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.