Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Sapphire Preferred is now 40K [$3000 in 3 months]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 21, 2013, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
Q. What are the best current offers?

Offer for 50K points for $3K spend over 3 months; AF waived first year, $125 thereafter. Extra 5K for adding additional cardholder.

Offer for 40K points for $3K spend over 3 months; AF waived first year, $95 thereafter. Extra 5K for adding additional cardholder.

Offer for 40K points for $2K spend over 3 months; AF waived first year, $95 thereafter.

Q. I just met the spend requirement. When will I receive my signup bonus points?

A. In most cases, your bonus will be credited after the close of the monthly billing cycle in which you meet the spend requirement. (Chase never posts signup bonuses mid-cycle.)

However, owing to a quirk in Chase's system, bonuses associated with charges incurred in the last ~7 days of a billing period may not post until the end of the following billing period. This is true even if the charges appear on your current statement and generate the standard number of points per dollar spent.

Thus, if you meet your bonus spend threshold late in your billing cycle, you may not receive the corresponding signup bonus until the following month. Calling Chase to complain will not change this, so be patient and enjoy your points when they finally appear.

Q. Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?

A. See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards [Consolidated]
Print Wikipost

Chase Sapphire Preferred is now 40K [$3000 in 3 months]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2012, 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by mrx900
Are you positive?
Yes.
Old Jan 2, 2012, 3:41 pm

Programs: AA,DL,BA,UA,SPG, and any other free trip!
Originally Posted by beltway
Yes.
okay...this is getting frustration...can anyone tell me what im doing wrong? I even created another MP account in her name, and used that number just to make sure it wasn't because the MP account was outdated or anything...I mean, it cant be rocket science....

Old Jan 2, 2012, 4:26 pm

Originally Posted by stealph
Please let us know if they will manually credit them for you. I had a Rep tell me it was against their policy...had a hotel not go through as travel earlier this week...
Just received this reply: "I am pleased to inform you that, I have added 33 points to your rewards balance for the charges from [name of restaurant].
The 33 points are in addition to the 1 point per dollar base earning that was already awarded to you."

I have confirmed that the points have already been added to my account. The reply is time-stamped 34 minutes after my inquiry.

Certainly not a life-changing amount of points, but Chase UR customer service continues to impress.
Old Jan 2, 2012, 6:50 pm

Programs: AS 75k
okay...this is getting frustration...can anyone tell me what im doing wrong? I even created another MP account in her name, and used that number just to make sure it wasn't because the MP account was outdated or anything...I mean, it cant be rocket science....

Did you include any leading zeros in her account #? The MP account # has to be exactly 11 digits.
Old Jan 2, 2012, 11:39 pm
Suspended

4 browser trick for chase sw personal, business, chase ink and chase SP and total of 250k points $2500 giftcards?
Old Jan 3, 2012, 10:42 am

Programs: UA/CL, DL Silver, AA
Originally Posted by IkeEsq
I've have had a Chase card since 1991, now a Slate card, which I used over the summer for a 0% BT. Other than that, no Chase cards until October, when I got Sapphire Preferred and Ink Bold for 50K each. I met the $3K spend earlier this week and sent a PM noting my long history with Chase, AmEx MR cards with 75K bonuses I got over the Summer, and excitement about seeing how UR compares to MR. I asked if I could get the 100K bonus I had heard others talking about.

I got a response back in less than an hour saying they would match the 100K offer and the 50K points were immediately deposited. Tried to get a match on my wife's Sapphire Preferred but got the standard rejection there. Of course, this was her first Chase card, so who knows?

However, it is apparently still possible to get the 50K bump to 100K, you just may need to say the right things to the right person.
I wonder if there's a way to tell where the cutoff is? I don't have Ike's 17-year history with Chase - mine is just 4, and this is only my 3rd Chase card - and I got a response saying they wouldn't match it and sort of back-handedly denying his story. Apparently, I'm not quite special enough:

Unfortunately, we are unable to comment on actions taken
on other cardmember accounts. We continue to adhere to
the same policy for all customers to remain fair and
consistent. As long as a customer provides us with a
valid 12 digit Invitation Number on the offer they
received in the mail in their name and address within 90
days from their account open date we can match the offer.

As indicated in our previous e-mail response, the 100,000
enrollment bonus offer was sent to a select number of
people who had no previous Chase Sapphire account. The
offer is by invitation only and can not be applied to
anyone who was not solicited for this promotional offer.

Unless you can provide an invitation and offer code that
sent specifically to you, we are unable to apply the
100,000 offer on your account.

Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns. We
hope your questions have been answered, as we believe a
full review of these concerns has been conducted. We
apologize if our conclusions are not in agreement with the
outcome you anticipated.

Throw in a statement-date screwup that may cost me 3,500 points this year, and I'm less impressed than some others with UR Customer Service - for now, anyway.
Old Jan 3, 2012, 11:39 am

Originally Posted by jonny1
4 browser trick for chase sw personal, business, chase ink and chase SP and total of 250k points $2500 giftcards?
refresh us a bit but what is the 4 browser trick again?
Old Jan 3, 2012, 12:40 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by noonflyer
refresh us a bit but what is the 4 browser trick again?
4 applications within few seconds using 4 different browser, firefox, IE, CHROME and safari?
Old Jan 3, 2012, 1:08 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt DIA
Originally Posted by jonny1
4 applications within few seconds using 4 different browser, firefox, IE, CHROME and safari?
Did you get all instant approvals or a mix of instant and call in/we'll notify you etc.?
I always thought this just worked on Citi. I would love to do this for a couple of Chase cards when/if the united explorer 60K opens for the general public.
Thanks
Old Jan 3, 2012, 1:15 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by punkmonkey
Did you get all instant approvals or a mix of instant and call in/we'll notify you etc.?
I always thought this just worked on Citi. I would love to do this for a couple of Chase cards when/if the united explorer 60K opens for the general public.
Thanks
after doing researches on FW and dansdeals, CHASE IS STARTING TO CLOSE ACCOUNTS OF ALL THOSE WHO RECENTLY OPENED MULTIPLE CARDS within short time and getting banned with no clear response. BLACK LISTINGS so one chase bonus card deal a year is the only way cos i dont want to lose my existing points and get existing checking account closed, they would close any accounts with chase with card cancelations.
Old Jan 4, 2012, 2:47 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
anyone know when we will see the 7% bonus posted?
Old Jan 4, 2012, 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by ianturner
anyone know when we will see the 7% bonus posted?
I would think with your first billing statement in 2012
Old Jan 4, 2012, 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by Astrophsx
I would think with your first billing statement in 2012
The Terms & Conditions state that you can expect the 7% bonus to post in either your January or February statement.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by Steve in Olympia
The Terms & Conditions state that you can expect the 7% bonus to post in either your January or February statement.
So I guess I gotta make that annual fee payment if I wanna see that 7%...(i got ruffly 77K)...
Old Jan 5, 2012, 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by flymonthly
Did you include any leading zeros in her account #? The MP account # has to be exactly 11 digits.
Yes...I counted...it was 11 digits.......When I put my own number in there, it was letting me do it....so what may have been before, is no more, perhaps.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.