FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase Sapphire Preferred is now 40K [$3000 in 3 months]
Old Jan 3, 2012, 10:42 am
excalibur713

Programs: UA/CL, DL Silver, AA
Originally Posted by IkeEsq
I've have had a Chase card since 1991, now a Slate card, which I used over the summer for a 0% BT. Other than that, no Chase cards until October, when I got Sapphire Preferred and Ink Bold for 50K each. I met the $3K spend earlier this week and sent a PM noting my long history with Chase, AmEx MR cards with 75K bonuses I got over the Summer, and excitement about seeing how UR compares to MR. I asked if I could get the 100K bonus I had heard others talking about.

I got a response back in less than an hour saying they would match the 100K offer and the 50K points were immediately deposited. Tried to get a match on my wife's Sapphire Preferred but got the standard rejection there. Of course, this was her first Chase card, so who knows?

However, it is apparently still possible to get the 50K bump to 100K, you just may need to say the right things to the right person.
I wonder if there's a way to tell where the cutoff is? I don't have Ike's 17-year history with Chase - mine is just 4, and this is only my 3rd Chase card - and I got a response saying they wouldn't match it and sort of back-handedly denying his story. Apparently, I'm not quite special enough:

Unfortunately, we are unable to comment on actions taken
on other cardmember accounts. We continue to adhere to
the same policy for all customers to remain fair and
consistent. As long as a customer provides us with a
valid 12 digit Invitation Number on the offer they
received in the mail in their name and address within 90
days from their account open date we can match the offer.

As indicated in our previous e-mail response, the 100,000
enrollment bonus offer was sent to a select number of
people who had no previous Chase Sapphire account. The
offer is by invitation only and can not be applied to
anyone who was not solicited for this promotional offer.

Unless you can provide an invitation and offer code that
sent specifically to you, we are unable to apply the
100,000 offer on your account.

Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns. We
hope your questions have been answered, as we believe a
full review of these concerns has been conducted. We
apologize if our conclusions are not in agreement with the
outcome you anticipated.

Throw in a statement-date screwup that may cost me 3,500 points this year, and I'm less impressed than some others with UR Customer Service - for now, anyway.