Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2009, 9:53 am

Programs: UA 1P
Just stumbled upon this thread, so I may be a day late

Anyway, the link was still active so I submitted the app. Let's see what comes out on the other end of the process.

Keeping my fingers crossed
Old Dec 12, 2009, 10:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Supratik
Would be interested to know if anybody else did the United Chase card and was approved for this one in under 6 months?
It is a YMMV situation, depends on how Chase system views your credit profile.

Yes, we have Chase Priority Club cards under 6 months.
Old Dec 12, 2009, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I still have not received my card even though the card is listed on my Chase account. Do I call Chase's main#, or could someone give me the card's phone#?
Old Dec 12, 2009, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Bergy Bits
Happy (fellow Princess cruiser), I read all the posts over a period of about a week & I thought I remembered the discussion you are referring to, but I did a series of searches on this thread using a combination of words such as "password," "user ID" and so forth and didn't really turn up anything significant. I was in a panic when I read the offer was being withdrawn & so went ahead anyway & as I said, DH's went thru via Chase login & mine went in from scratch. I see now that I'm being more leisurely about it that I used the word "login" when searching the thread, and not the phrase "log (space) in." The former turns up virtually nothing and the latter is where all the discussion is. We call it a "login" as a noun and "log in" as a verb & it never dawned on me that it would make a difference using the search feature. My bad! I'm glad to hear some folks have had positive experiences using their Chase user ID a.k.a. login.
Hi Bergy,

The Chase Log In would compare the personal data with the application in a very rigid way. I sort of figure out what caused the glitch of mine, and that was the speculation of the rep at the 888 number approval dept, too - the address populated by Chase Log In compressed 2 lines into 1 line. I modified it back to 2 lines - thus there is no longer a mirror image. So the app was immediately sent for security review when all other criteria for approval were seemingly met.

After my posts of frustration, a poster reported that Chase Log In also causing them griefs. They used Chase Log In - the wife called the 888 number the same day and was directed to Fraud Alert Dept, being grilled for many questions before the Fraud Alert Dept cleared her app. Her husband waited a day to call and the 888 number folks said they could not touch it as now under Security Review. He ultimately received a snail mail asking for SS card and utility bills for verifying his ID. I called after a weekend and was told the same thing, that the approval dept could not tough my app which was now in que for Security Review / Verification. I never receive any communication, the card showed up online 10 days after app - should have been much sooner though based on prior experiences with Chase and hubby's app.

If you haven't altered anything on the populated info on your husband's app - chances are his app would not be delayed and would sailed thru smoothly.
Old Dec 12, 2009, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ChaseTheMiles
I still have not received my card even though the card is listed on my Chase account. Do I call Chase's main#, or could someone give me the card's phone#?
How long ago?

It took a week for ours to arrive from the time the card popped up online.

If it is longer than a week, by all means call Chase - the 888 number in the first post can tell you when the card is mailed. In fact, any number at the back of any Chase card can be used - you just need to tell the rep your issue and the rep would ask for your SSN to look up the info.
Old Dec 12, 2009, 12:27 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2.9MM
Originally Posted by ChaseTheMiles
Same situation but I am concerned about an omitted line under Rewards Program Details:

With the British Airways Visa Card, you'll be packing before you know it.

* Earn 2.5 miles for every $1 you spend on British Airways purchases.
* Earn 1.25 miles for every $1 you spend everywhere else.
* $50 off any British Airways ticket purchase made online. To book visit ba.com/get50.
* Receive complimentary companion tickets:
o Every year you spend $30,000 you will receive a redemption voucher for a ticket for a companion, valid for 2 years. Redeem your BA Miles for a British Airways flight and take anyone with you, on the same flight, in the same class of service.
o Every time you purchase a full-fare First, Club World or World Traveller Plus ticket, you'll receive a complimentary companion ticket. Please visit ba.com/visa2for1 or call 1-877-376-3135.
* Worldwide acceptance anywhere Visa credit cards are accepted.

Missing is the 50,000 miles for first purchase and 50,000 miles for spending $2000 in 3 months.
Old Dec 12, 2009, 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by moondog
Okay, let's do some math:

-300 x 2

That means the extra 100k miles cost you $1200, or 1.2 cpm. cWhile not horrible, since it's currently possible to buy US miles for .75 cpm, the numbers don't work for me.

I'd also like to apologize for the $600 alarm because your case almost makes sense.
Almost any economy class ticket does not make sense. If you are choosing to fly first, the 30K spend for a ($900-$1200 in lost 2% + taxes) first class ticket is a much better deal.
Old Dec 12, 2009, 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by PDX_Roy
Same situation but I am concerned about an omitted line under Rewards Program Details:

* $50 off any British Airways ticket purchase made online. To book visit ba.com/get50.
o Every year you spend $30,000 you will receive a redemption voucher for a ticket for a companion, valid for 2 years. Redeem your BA Miles for a British Airways flight and take anyone with you, on the same flight, in the same class of service.
o Every time you purchase a full-fare First, Club World or World Traveller Plus ticket, you'll receive a complimentary companion ticket. Please visit ba.com/visa2for1 or call 1-877-376-3135.

Missing is the 50,000 miles for first purchase and 50,000 miles for spending $2000 in 3 months.
You could read all that, but not the rest of the thread?
Old Dec 12, 2009, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by mcgahat
Unless you are like me and an my wife who both used our Chase logins to apply and thinks could not have been smoother.

I am guessing it is more than just using the Chase login that is causing trouble for some.
We too used the Chase log-ins and had smooth sailing.

Last edited by Mountain Trader; Dec 12, 2009 at 3:48 pm Reason: Correction
Old Dec 12, 2009, 2:12 pm

I think the BA cards have huge value, even though they will probably not yield truly free flights to Europe on the bonus certificate. My analysis worked like this:

I priced BA flights next spring (paying cash) for Den-LHR and the surcharges listed were:

Coach $389
Bus $659
First $642 (Amazingly lower than C)

If my wife and I charge $30k each on the BA Chase cards, we'll have a total of around 275,000 miles in the BA program (2 x 50k each, plus 75K for the charges). In addition, we'll have 2 companion certs matching the cabin of the one obtained using miles.

Den-LHR costs 100,000 miles in C and 150,000 in F. Subject to availability (the big unknown here), we can book one RT in C and match it with a cert, then book another trip in F and match that with a cert. The four tickets should cost cash of about $ 2,600 for the 4 surcharge hits.

If we didn't go for the 30k spending, it might look like this:

4 RT coach tickets at $650 each=$2,600
Less cash value of charging
$62,000 (Schwab-2%) (1,240)

Net cost of 4 Y tickets $1,360

So for an out of pocket of $ 1,360 (plus the availability risk and program change risk), I turn 2 trips I would have done in coach into one in C and one in F. I think that's real value.

But it's actually even better than that. You can usually get to LHR for $650 but other places like Paris are often higher. Moreover, I'm pretty sure that the BA awards allow for either an open-jaw or one stopover per trip, either of which can often crank up the price of those comparison tickets bought for cash.

Last edited by Mountain Trader; Dec 13, 2009 at 6:17 am Reason: Correction
Old Dec 12, 2009, 2:21 pm

Programs: Inf Elite CO, lifetime AA Platinum
One way to get $2,000 Quick

I just signed up (thanks to another member of this board) to this site. You can get American Express Gift cards with a 4.5% rebate (so $2,000 in gift cards will cost $1,1910 - saving $90 - which would more than cover the cost of the BA card). You can use the gift cards on other purchases later or given them as holiday gifts.

Search for "American Express" to find the gift cards.

Use coupon code: AFL420 to get free shipping.

BigCrumbs discounts
Old Dec 12, 2009, 2:26 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting

When the card comes in the mail and the named person calls Chase to activate the card, the Chase reps will inform the customer about the 50,000 miles for first purchase and 50,000 miles for spending $2000 in 3 months benefits.

The reason it doesn't show up in the above places is because other BA Visa Signature card holders don't have the same exact benefits so Chase doesn't want to annoy its existing customers who didn't get such a rich deal.
Old Dec 12, 2009, 6:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This has been discussed upthread way back.

You are confusing Bonuses with Benefits. What you see is Benefits of the card.

Sign up bonus and promotional spending bonus are not regular benefits of the card. Hence they are not listed.

If your card have the 50K + 50K bonuses, you will receive a Welcome email from Chase detailing such.

Last edited by Happy; Dec 12, 2009 at 9:46 pm
Old Dec 12, 2009, 6:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by philemer
Data point:

My wife applied for the card on 11/15. Received a letter asking for proof of ID about 11/25. Sent req. info the next day. The card info appeared on the Chase website tonight. No email notification yet. Card should arrive w/in a week if I'm guessing correctly. Thanks to the OP.
Wife's card arrived yesterday, about 15 days after proof of ID was sent. Never did receive an email. Also, called and lowered her LOC from 10K to 5K (their minimum).
Old Dec 13, 2009, 4:56 am
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Well I got an email welcoming me to British Airways Mileage Club, but no updates on Chase website as of yet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.