Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Central America
Reload this Page >

Anyone doing the MR to TGU/CUN/PVR/SJD in 2014 in C with UA?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2013, 10:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG

I'm on flights iah-tgu back to back weekends doing the turnaround the same day on UA in C and noticed half the seats are already full in C(although there are only 12F seats). I'll be going end of Jan and beginning of Feb.

Anyone also doing the ones to PVR/CUN in C as well? I can get awesome routings 5.5cpm-6.2cpm in J, with same day turnaround or a night on the beach .

Figuring these are FTers, anyone else onto this deal?

Last edited by Prospero; Jan 5, 2014 at 6:43 am Reason: Amend title at request of SKYEG
Old Nov 8, 2013, 3:50 pm

Going to BZE instead!
Old Nov 9, 2013, 11:00 am
Original Poster

But you lose out on a few hundred miles that way... . When are you going?
Old Jan 4, 2014, 6:02 pm

Programs: Yes, I belong.
I looked into these...

What's the scoop for Customs / Immigration in TGU? Given there's only a 49 minute turnaround (although I'm assuming it's the same UA aircraft IAH-TGU as TGU-IAH, given the flight numbers, timing, etc. so no real chance of missing the flight, per se), is it necessary to clear these or can one just wait in a secure area?

Also, can one do OLCI for the return from TGU-YEG while in IAH on the way to TGU? Since it's only a 49 min turnaround, could this be done at the gate in TGU after de-planing?
Old Jan 4, 2014, 9:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by YEGcg
I looked into these...

What's the scoop for Customs / Immigration in TGU? Given there's only a 49 minute turnaround (although I'm assuming it's the same UA aircraft IAH-TGU as TGU-IAH, given the flight numbers, timing, etc. so no real chance of missing the flight, per se), is it necessary to clear these or can one just wait in a secure area?

Also, can one do OLCI for the return from TGU-YEG while in IAH on the way to TGU? Since it's only a 49 min turnaround, could this be done at the gate in TGU after de-planing?
I have talked with a FTer who did this run, you can stay airside by doing exactly what he told me... And yes, you would be OLCI for the return so you will have BPs for the way back as well.

Best routing is flyin AC Friday night on the red eye to YYZ, than AC to IAH. YEG-YYZ-IAH-TGU-IAH-YYZ-YEG.

I'm doing this two weekends in a row, let me know if you are interested

There are better CPM mileage runs to PVR and CUN if you are interested in that, all in United business as well
Old Jan 5, 2014, 3:30 am

Programs: Yes, I belong.
Thanks - my biggest concern was being able to check in for TGU-YEG before arriving in TGU (UA site says OLCI only for valid Int'l airports, etc.; I'm an MR newbie, so not familiar with this). Another FTer mentioned to me that it's possible to stay airside in TGU (their experience from this past autumn).

I'm not doing this as a real MR... I actually need to get from YHZ to YEG at some point... so I found this : YHZ-YYZ-DEN-IAH-TGU-IAH-YYZ-YEG (all in UA P - though 3/7 flights on AC metal). Since I'm departing from YHZ, the fare is 10% higher (15% HST vs 5% GST). Most likely going end of Feb / early March...but if that changes, I'll make sure to ping you

I'll have to look into the CUN and PVR flights! Thanks for mentioning those

Originally Posted by SKYEG
you can stay airside by doing exactly what he told me...
Can you share or PM me in case you have different / more info?

Last edited by YEGcg; Jan 5, 2014 at 3:58 am
Old Jan 14, 2017, 5:13 pm
Original Poster

I know it's an old thread, but can confirm that you can stay airside TGU. They make you wait at the jetbridge, and you fly back with the same crew. It was a fun experience! And you will get OLCI for the whole way, including the return flight. You will not have enough time to clear customs. Make sure you have the return flight boarding pass so you can stay airside.

The flight crew does ask you what your purpose is... I just told them I wanted to check out the descent of the "2nd most dangerous airport in the world".
Old Jan 20, 2017, 1:17 am
Original Poster

Reallllllly Hoping these come back but doesn't look like any sign of them

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.