Old May 30, 2018, 8:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jacobsleather
Print Wikipost

Cathay Pacific Fleet Information

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2017, 11:34 pm

Originally Posted by KrazyTrain18
The newest iterations of the SPOHK are very disappointing, the AWC scheme was striking on both B-HOY and B-KPF. I disagree that the current CX livery reflects a down period for the company, I think its modern and it grows on me the more I see it. Etihad could have the most premium looking livery all it wants but the truth is they're a sinking ship whose premium service isn't really any better than CX.
And Etihad made a lot of investment in loss-making airlines like Alitalia, air berlin and virgin australia.

Low oil price is hurting abu dhabi economy.
Etihad is really a sinking ship .
Old Jun 27, 2017, 11:35 pm

Originally Posted by hikouki
With this new "conservative" design, I wonder how the OW planes
Just imagine B-KPL (77W) or B-HLU (A330) but with the current tail and branding as well as painted winglets for the A330.
and the commemorative aircraft liveries will look like - if they will even carry them over to the new livery (B-KQX: "Our 50th 777-300ER", B-LBB: "We are flying the 1000th A330", etc.)
Commemorative schemes don't cross over. When one of CX's A330's (B-LAD) was painted in the "Progress Hong Kong" scheme along with a "100th aircraft" decal, it was repainted in to the standard scheme.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 11:47 pm

Programs: Marco Polo Club, KF
New Livery

Originally Posted by Aus106080
And Etihad made a lot of investment in loss-making airlines like Alitalia, air berlin and virgin australia.

Low oil price is hurting abu dhabi economy.
Etihad is really a sinking ship .
Yes it would seem so. I'll choose to fly CX any day over the Gulf three.

I actually like the new livery a lot; simple but elegant. And I have to say I struggle to see a link with flatulence...
Old Jun 28, 2017, 2:41 am

Programs: CX DM, Watsons Wine Burgundy
Originally Posted by 1010101
Personally i have never really liked the Spirit of HK/Asia World City liveries.
I always wondered how they would migrate the Spirit liveries to the new branding. The heavy green fuselage wouldn't look so good with the heavy green vertical stabiliser. Now I guess we know. Its kind of sad that we loose the 5 or 6 generation dark green fuselage, which is very striking (and easily spotted from my flat in Tung Chung). But this new livery is subtle and more in line with the new branding.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 3:26 am

Originally Posted by jacobsleather
I always wondered how they would migrate the Spirit liveries to the new branding. The heavy green fuselage wouldn't look so good with the heavy green vertical stabiliser. Now I guess we know. Its kind of sad that we loose the 5 or 6 generation dark green fuselage, which is very striking (and easily spotted from my flat in Tung Chung). But this new livery is subtle and more in line with the new branding.
I actually wouldn't be surprised if we see a new iteration of a similar green heavy fuselage on the 77W or upcoming 779. They usually like to showcase special schemes on their flagship aircraft. Before the 77W came along, the 744 was the flagship hence we saw HK promoted across the world on the 744.

If it wasn't the 20th anniversary of the HK handover, we most likely won't see these schemes pop up. And it's still a subtle special scheme.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 7:43 pm

Programs: CX DM
Admin,
LBH (Cathay Pacific A33P) is ferried to XMN for transferring to Cathay Dragon.
LAA (Cathay Dragon A33C) having new livery in XMN.
KPI (Cathay Pacific B77H) having new livery in XMN.
HNK (Cathay Pacific B773) having the new Spirit of Hong Kong Livery
Old Jun 28, 2017, 7:49 pm

Wow Henry your finger is really on the pulse. Great info, thanks for your contribution!
Old Jun 28, 2017, 9:46 pm

Programs: CX MPO DM, Le Club Accor Platinum, World of Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by maortega15
I actually wouldn't be surprised if we see a new iteration of a similar green heavy fuselage on the 77W or upcoming 779. They usually like to showcase special schemes on their flagship aircraft. Before the 77W came along, the 744 was the flagship hence we saw HK promoted across the world on the 744.

If it wasn't the 20th anniversary of the HK handover, we most likely won't see these schemes pop up. And it's still a subtle special scheme.
Really not liking the new Spirit of HK livery...nothing about it says HK. Could be any Mainland carrier actually...
Old Jun 29, 2017, 11:38 am

Programs: Marco Polo
Originally Posted by FlyPointyEnd
Really not liking the new Spirit of HK livery...nothing about it says HK. Could be any Mainland carrier actually...
Well the livery is supposed to reflect the anniversary of the handover, without getting political I'm glad CX took a minimalist look for this design.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 6:43 pm

Originally Posted by KrazyTrain18
Well the livery is supposed to reflect the anniversary of the handover, without getting political I'm glad CX took a minimalist look for this design.
I think its the motifs, they could have done outlines of HK Skylines (which was the common theme of previous special liveries). The flower and clouds was such a literal take on things IMHO.
Old Jul 2, 2017, 6:16 pm

Programs: CX DM
HKX (B747-412BCF) went to Air Hong Kong on 2nd July 2017
So no more -400BCFs in CX fleet
Old Jul 2, 2017, 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by henryc41
HKX (B747-412BCF) went to Air Hong Kong on 2nd July 2017
So no more -400BCFs in CX fleet
This is the final "stretched upper deck" 747 to leave the CX fleet. This A/C was previously registration 9V-SPL, one of two 747-400 that had this livery for some years which I'm sure many people recognise, at least for one specific horrible reason.

http://www.airfleets.net/ficheapp/plane-b747-26557.htm
Attached Images  
Old Jul 2, 2017, 7:45 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by jacobsleather
This is the final "stretched upper deck" 747 to leave the CX fleet. This A/C was previously registration 9V-SPL, one of two 747-400 that had this livery for some years which I'm sure many people recognise, at least for one specific horrible reason.
I don't know this reason - please share?
Old Jul 2, 2017, 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by sxc
I don't know this reason - please share?
Its the same special livery that was applied to 9V-SPK, the A/C written off in SQ006, and there were many photos in the media of the burnt out hulk with this livery clearly visible. SPL, the "sister ship" was immediately repainted back to standard livery.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 9:30 pm

speaking of 747s, does anyone think CX dropped the ball by not ordering any new passenger 747s? I mean look at LHR and JFK, flights get full most of the time and most likely they don't have any landing slots. Haneda also doesn't have slots available and those 2 flights are always full too.

Having a bigger aircraft than the 77W would at least give them more passengers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.