Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2016, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Eagle2000
This thread is for specific A350 discussion.

For discussion regarding the A350-1000 please discuss here:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-marco-polo-club/1909549-a350-1000-general-discussion.html

Seating Guide
A350 Seating Guide

Routes to be serviced by A350:
Cathay Pacific full fleet and route guide (search for 35G for A350): Cathay Pacific Fleet, Route and Configuration Guide
Useful thread: New route speculation for Cathay

Already operating or confirmed (date of commencement)
Amsterdam
Auckland
Barcelona
Brisbane
Brussels
Capetown
Christchurch
Dublin
Frankfurt (March 31, 2019)
London Gatwick
Madrid
Manchester
Melbourne
Newark
Paris
Perth
Rome
San Francisco
Seattle (March 31, 2019)
Toronto (Su,W,F Oct 31 2019)
Tel Aviv
Vancouver
Washington DC
Zurich (March 31, 2019)
​​​​​​

Existing routes, speculated future equipment change to A350
Chicago
Milan
Los Angeles

Speculated future routes
Print Wikipost

A350 general discussion

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2016, 9:17 am

Programs: FreeAgent; DL Silver; IHG Diamond/ Ambassador
I wonder if the "no stowage under the ottoman" rule is a seat/ manufacturer-, airline-, or country-rule.

I've seen other types of seats with ottomans (J or F) with an "open front" where storage during take off and landing were allowed.

I noticed the first-gen business seats on the 77Ws had ottomans with no storage underneath. Later builds have a space underneath.
Old Jun 15, 2016, 9:37 am

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by hikouki
I wonder if the "no stowage under the ottoman" rule is a seat/ manufacturer-, airline-, or country-rule.

I've seen other types of seats with ottomans (J or F) with an "open front" where storage during take off and landing were allowed.

I noticed the first-gen business seats on the 77Ws had ottomans with no storage underneath. Later builds have a space underneath.
I think we gotta stay on topic this is a great thread and we're veering somewhere else...
Old Jun 15, 2016, 9:39 am

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
To tgflyergirl, those pics are really informative.

I am kinda surprised at how...dull the seats and cabin looks? What is your overall impression? Any chnce you've tried competitors' A350s in J and can compare the general vibe?

It really doesn't look much different from the CX A330 layout in terms of overall feel. I guess I was kinda hoping the cabin would look snazzier.
Old Jun 15, 2016, 9:56 am

Programs: LH Senator, CX Diamond, UA Prem Plat, Fans of MO Elite
I got to fly on the new A350 the other day. The new J seat is comfortable and overall the new features are nice but I'm afraid that the quality is poor in a few areas, particularly the finish of the side table. The faux veneer is curling and it looks so cheap. I can only imagine what it will look like in a few months. I wonder if the next A350 being delivered will fix this.

My impression of the overall seat space is that it's a bit tighter than the current Cirrus J seat on the 773-ER.

Old Jun 15, 2016, 9:58 am

It's down to the seat design/aircraft. The blowout panels are there and have to be kept clear.
Old Jun 15, 2016, 10:13 am

Originally Posted by QRC3288
Any chnce you've tried competitors' A350s in J and can compare the general vibe?
I've also ridden SQ's and QR's - IMHO, both cabins are a notch nicer (not by much, mind you - they just had a slightly classier feel to me.

Still these 3 airlines (and a handful of others are still heads and shoulders above the rest) so I wouldn't be unhappy in any of their 350 cabins- there are worse fates
Old Jun 15, 2016, 10:15 am

on the CX359 at least it's a "because there are airvents there" rule. Had my handbag there and they took it up into the overhead bins citing me that exact line.
Old Jun 16, 2016, 9:07 am

Programs: MPC, KF, Accor, SPG, HH

Probably a CX thing... they wouldn't allow me to sotw my laptop bag below the ottoman in flight... I thought it was below a seat
Old Jun 21, 2016, 2:47 am

Programs: UA Prem Plat, CX MPC Silver, CI Dynasty Gold; HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG, IHG Ambassador
I was lucky to be on the first flight out of TPE to HKG on CX409, 2016/6/01. The premium economy class seat is good, better than the one on B77W. The cabin filled up quickly and not wanting to block other passengers, no photo of the cabin interior was taken.
Attached Images   
Old Jul 3, 2016, 7:19 am

Programs: BA EC
Poor A350 experience!

I was excited to take the new A350 from Bangkok to Hong Kong in business class that day. However, the boarding process is in a total mess. No queue was observed and everyone just squeezed to the boarding gate.

The layout of the A350 business class has the following layout: “Seat” “A triangle mat” “Hand-rest”. The triangle mat was loose and fell off from the chair. The crew was unable to fix it. It fell off for a number of times again in flight.

I had pork for the meal. The vegetable came with it had definitely gone bad. The stench smell was disgusting.

Later on, i watched a movie. After watching it for 30 min, the screen prompted up a message and asked me to fill in a questionnaire. When I presses cancel, the questionnaire prompted up again after 1 second. And I had repeated more than 30 times but still unable to close that questionnaire and continue my movie. And then I decided to answer all questions so as to continue the movie, however the questionnaire could not be finished. Therefore I was unable to use the inflight entertainment since then.

And when I wanted to use the online complain form, it was not working and unable to select destination airport. Poor design of website!
Old Jul 3, 2016, 8:16 am

Programs: AA 3MM EXP, SQ Solitaire, LH SEN, CX DM, Hyatt CC, Marriott LT Titanium
Did you alert all these problems with the ISM or one of the flight crew? They could have easily reset your IFE for you or given you another meal...
Old Jul 3, 2016, 8:28 am

Programs: BA EC
Originally Posted by tfung
Did you alert all these problems with the ISM or one of the flight crew? They could have easily reset your IFE for you or given you another meal...

Yes, I did. The crew offered me another meal but the IFE cannot be restarted.
Old Jul 3, 2016, 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by neofung
Yes, I did. The crew offered me another meal but the IFE cannot be restarted.
I've got my IFE restarted on the A350, any reason it could not be restarted?
Old Jul 3, 2016, 6:49 pm

Programs: CX MPO DM, Le Club Accor Platinum, World of Hyatt Explorist
I was excited to take the new A350 from Bangkok to Hong Kong in business class that day. However, the boarding process is in a total mess. No queue was observed and everyone just squeezed to the boarding gate.
Have you flown out of Bangkok before? This is actually pretty normal, I wish CX would do something about it, but I think it also has something to do with the layout of the gate.

The layout of the A350 business class has the following layout: “Seat” “A triangle mat” “Hand-rest”. The triangle mat was loose and fell off from the chair. The crew was unable to fix it. It fell off for a number of times again in flight.
Not sure what you mean about "A triangle mat"...do you mean this?

I had pork for the meal. The vegetable came with it had definitely gone bad. The stench smell was disgusting.
Did you notify the crew about this? a few months back my potato hash has also gone bad...

Later on, i watched a movie. After watching it for 30 min, the screen prompted up a message and asked me to fill in a questionnaire. When I presses cancel, the questionnaire prompted up again after 1 second. And I had repeated more than 30 times but still unable to close that questionnaire and continue my movie. And then I decided to answer all questions so as to continue the movie, however the questionnaire could not be finished. Therefore I was unable to use the inflight entertainment since then.
It's been a month since I tried the A350, but during the my flight I never did encounter a questionnaire....honestly the IFE on the A350 is much better than the current one.

And when I wanted to use the online complain form, it was not working and unable to select destination airport. Poor design of website!
The is a comment form available on board, you could have asked this from the Cabin Crew.
Attached Images  

Last edited by FlyPointyEnd; Jul 3, 2016 at 7:02 pm
Old Jul 3, 2016, 7:49 pm

This is partly why these aircraft are flying to regional destinations for a few months. Hopefully all the issues will be fixed by the time they start flying their real routes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.