Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New rules for OLCI

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2014, 12:16 am
Original Poster

New rules for OLCI ?

Noticed that since a few weeks ago, you can online checkin for ALL KA outports (CX's website lists the exception airports but KA does not anymore). However, also noticed the following:

https://www.dragonair.com/ka/en_HK/m...-check-in.html

Who can use online checkin ?

Online Check-In is available to passengers holding e-Tickets and their companion passengers travelling under the same booking. Exceptions are passengers who:

- Require Medical Assistance
- Are Unaccompanied Minors
- Travel in a group and are registered as a group in the booking
- Need to tender additional payment for their ticket

Is the 3rd item new ? Have been travelling on GV** tickets and online checkin was never an issue. Will this be an issue now ?

Last edited by zhaobao; Aug 28, 2014 at 12:24 am
Old Aug 28, 2014, 12:18 am

Programs: CX Diamond (OW Emerald), former SQ Krisflyer Gold
I don't think this affects GV* bookings, which will continue to work as normal. I think when they talk about group bookings, it means for organised tour groups which have block bookings with a group leader, etc.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 2:43 am

Programs: Marriot Am, MU Pt
Regardless, I can't seem to be able to do OLCI anymore on my outport (PVG).
Old Aug 29, 2014, 4:14 am

Programs: CX Marco Polo Club, Virgin Flying Club
The only problem I have had is that sometimes OLCI has already been done - which is a *minor* annoyance because I like to look for a better seat, which you can't do after OLCI.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 8:43 pm

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by Gweilo
The only problem I have had is that sometimes OLCI has already been done - which is a *minor* annoyance because I like to look for a better seat, which you can't do after OLCI.
You can reselect your seat after OLCI. Thrice for MPO élites and once for others. Is someone doing OLCI for you?
Old Sep 1, 2014, 8:54 pm

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF
New rules for OLCI

Didn't know the limit of thrice/once limit on seat reselection ! Does explain the few times when I couldn't re-change my mum's seat.

Something new to learn each day.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 9:04 pm

Originally Posted by ernestnywang
You can reselect your seat after OLCI. Thrice for MPO élites and once for others. Is someone doing OLCI for you?
I've seen that sometimes at BOM when I try to do OLCI I find that I've already been checked in. So someone at airport control there is doing OLCI for certain pax. I've not yet figured out why.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 4:45 pm

Originally Posted by midlevels
I've seen that sometimes at BOM when I try to do OLCI I find that I've already been checked in. So someone at airport control there is doing OLCI for certain pax. I've not yet figured out why.
Hmm...I wonder if it could become a problem if PAX wants to canx tkt at the last minute. OLCI can be cancelled, but that's an extra step.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 7:22 am
Original Poster

OK - just managed to check in online with a GV2 ticket after all......
Old Sep 3, 2014, 8:32 am

Programs: CX Marco Polo Club, Virgin Flying Club
There must be a trick that I am missing - I can't see how to change my seat after OLCI (and no-one is doing OLCI for me - I am the only person who knows my PIN number).
Old Sep 3, 2014, 9:48 am
Original Poster

Maybe you try cancelling OLCI and then try again ?
Old Sep 3, 2014, 11:09 am
Suspended

You can reselect your seat after OLCI. Thrice for MPO élites and once for others.
What about OW elites?
Old Sep 3, 2014, 12:37 pm

Programs: CX Diamond, AA Gold, Bonvoy Platinum
Two new issue encountered.
I have a connecting flight. My 1st segment is short MNL to HKK and the layover is about 5 hours. Therefore the departure of the second segment to JFK is not until 7 hours after the 24 mark of the 1st segment check-in. I could not complete check in. At the seat selection screen i got a message that I must wait and try again at the 48 hour mark of the 2nd segment (the lough haul). If was seeking a low BN on the 1st flight as well as the 2nd. Those checkin only girl the 1st flight or a close connection, will get lower number even I a check exactly at. The 48 hour mark on the 1st segment.'

Second issue, I had a sets assignment in J on seat 11A -bassinet seat. Upon checking in I was informed that seat can't be assigned and randomly reassigned another, it but allowed to re-select (just not the one I was bumped from, the 1st row with the risk of a child basined tat MP had pre reserved remains free and is now blocked. Will have to call MP to get it back (till available).

No option to print boarding pass nor to view the Boarding number . I email me my itinerary and the BN does not show.

If BN 1 is important it may now be impossible for certain flights.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by Gweilo
There must be a trick that I am missing - I can't see how to change my seat after OLCI (and no-one is doing OLCI for me - I am the only person who knows my PIN number).
Is your "checked in" status a link or not? If it is not a link, that indicates the OLCI cannot be changed, and you should call the airport and inquire about it (and also ask them who did it for you). If it is still a link, there should be a "change" option next to the seat number, after you clicked the "checked in" link. Still, if not, call airport.

Originally Posted by DellRocks
What about OW elites?
No idea.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 9:05 pm

Hmm...I wonder if it could become a problem if PAX wants to canx tkt at the last minute. OLCI can be cancelled, but that's an extra step.
Yes, I've run into this issue before ex-BOM where I wanted to change a ticket and my TA asked me to cancel OLCI and I said I've not done it, but when I logged in, it had been done for me so I had to cancel it before a change was possible.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.