Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Diamond Dinner this week in Taipei

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2012, 5:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: CX DM, Marriott Plat, SPG lifetime, Hyatt Diamond, Avis Chairman's Club
Diamond Dinner this week in Taipei

March 7th evening in Taipei- Anybody else going?

Apparently there's an internal workshop for CX employees as well, which for some reason I'm being invited to.

Design Thinking + Innovation Workshop - Interviews:
Topic: How to create the “perfect/ unbeatable” premium customer experience in Taiwan

As our loyal customer and supporter, your views and opinions have always been invaluable to us. This interview is a great opportunity for us to understand your needs better and allow us to continue to be creative and innovative in providing top-of-the-class service to our premium customers. Please feel free to bring along a friend, family member, spouse with you to the interview. We would be most delighted to hear about their experiences as well.

Since I'm a long time lurker and haven't contributed to the forum. I'd like to ask everyone if you all have any "comments and/or suggestions" pertaining to improving/enhancing CX's customer service. If I get a chance I promise to voice some of your suggestions and opinions.

Thank you.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 5:59 am

Programs: BA Gold, JGC Sapphire, OZ Diamond, AF Silver, CX GR, Marriott Lifetime SL
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Try locate my boss he is going as well :-p

I guess we should all rant about it is impossible to connect to MPC / ticketing, and then the kind of stupid ticketing office hour in Taiwan (0800-1830), when you compare to china hotline they have it until 2300

Also the stupidly early last departure exTPE (KA 483) they should push it even later so you can finish dinner in Taipei, get a 10pm exTPE, then transit to connecting flights
Old Mar 3, 2012, 2:39 pm

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by UnitedTaiwan
March 7th evening in Taipei- Anybody else going?

Apparently there's an internal workshop for CX employees as well, which for some reason I'm being invited to.

Design Thinking + Innovation Workshop - Interviews:
Topic: How to create the “perfect/ unbeatable” premium customer experience in Taiwan

As our loyal customer and supporter, your views and opinions have always been invaluable to us. This interview is a great opportunity for us to understand your needs better and allow us to continue to be creative and innovative in providing top-of-the-class service to our premium customers. Please feel free to bring along a friend, family member, spouse with you to the interview. We would be most delighted to hear about their experiences as well.

Since I'm a long time lurker and haven't contributed to the forum. I'd like to ask everyone if you all have any "comments and/or suggestions" pertaining to improving/enhancing CX's customer service. If I get a chance I promise to voice some of your suggestions and opinions.

Thank you.
I would be really grateful if you can pass these 3 ideas to TPECX:
1. The ex-TPE price for US destinations has gone up a lot (too much) during recent 2-3 years.
2. Please fix their system as soon as possible because we are having so much problem with seat assignment unable to confirm and swapped without notice.
3. Please let AM know that if it were ture that the miles previously needed for Y to J upgrade can now only be redeemed for Y to Y+ and Y+ to J, that is a big devaluation of AM. They should also still allow Y to J upgrade in the future as that way people can still redeem upgrades ex-TPE when connecting from HKG to long-haul destinations (otherwise we lose the upgrade from TPE-HKG and v. v. because this does not have Y+).

Thank you!
Old Mar 3, 2012, 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by ChrisLi
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Try locate my boss he is going as well :-p

I guess we should all rant about it is impossible to connect to MPC / ticketing, and then the kind of stupid ticketing office hour in Taiwan (0800-1830), when you compare to china hotline they have it until 2300

Also the stupidly early last departure exTPE (KA 483) they should push it even later so you can finish dinner in Taipei, get a 10pm exTPE, then transit to connecting flights
I have actually been amazed that they are open till 18:30, because most offices in Taiwan closes at 17:00. Regarding KA483, I think if they push it back even further, it would lost the ability to connect to some FLTs departing for Europe and LAX. AFAIK, the loading on KA483 is only moderate, because many TAs are used to specifying for CX FLT when booking, and thus would book CX531 even if KA483 is possible.
Old Mar 4, 2012, 2:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: CX DM, Marriott Plat, SPG lifetime, Hyatt Diamond, Avis Chairman's Club
OK I'll try to get these in
Old Mar 4, 2012, 3:13 am

Programs: BA Gold, JGC Sapphire, OZ Diamond, AF Silver, CX GR, Marriott Lifetime SL
Originally Posted by ernestnywang
I have actually been amazed that they are open till 18:30, because most offices in Taiwan closes at 17:00. Regarding KA483, I think if they push it back even further, it would lost the ability to connect to some FLTs departing for Europe and LAX. AFAIK, the loading on KA483 is only moderate, because many TAs are used to specifying for CX FLT when booking, and thus would book CX531 even if KA483 is possible.
Well I guess i am the spoiled HK-er

for the connecting flight I think they should just spread across those flights in 6pm and 7pm ... instead of 1 flight every 40 min they should do more like one every 60 minute and more evenly distribute the departure. Last time my flight was delayed for 1 hr for KA483 and most of the passenger are terminating in HKG... if you are connecting to onward travel it doesn't really matter for the TPE flight.

Ideally they should do 2 banks of transit flight :

2100 exTPE for 2300-2400 exHKG (CX251 / LAX / CDG / SYD)
2200 exTPE for 2400-2600 exHKG (CX255 / Rome / FRA / AMS / MXP .....)

The key benefit is really allow a proper dinner in Taipei, then jump on taxi to TPE (which takes 45 min when your taxi know what they are doing, take the ocean front highway instead of the stupid main one)

Come to think about it .... they have a 2030 ex-PVG so it should be pretty straight forward for a 2130 ex-TPE to work

Too bad HX got all the recent slots ... TPE-HKG should actually start open sky? (well at HKG benefit ... I guess it's the Taiwan carrier that doesn't like that idea)

Last edited by ChrisLi; Mar 4, 2012 at 3:28 am
Old Mar 4, 2012, 3:35 am

The key benefit is really allow a proper dinner in Taipei, then jump on taxi to TPE (which takes 45 min when your taxi know what they are doing, take the ocean front highway instead of the stupid main one)
Well...I think the High-Speed Rail + the shuttle bus might take about the same time (possibly even less) but significantly cheaper.
Old Mar 4, 2012, 4:15 am

Originally Posted by ernestnywang
Well...I think the High-Speed Rail + the shuttle bus might take about the same time (possibly even less) but significantly cheaper.
Actually I never tried that route. I got scared by the bus saying they need 45 min to taoyuan highspeed station (which I LOL-ed and doubt it), I should try that sometime when I am not in a rush.

But speaking of TPE access I normally end up rica tw car or taxi. 1000-1500 TWD is a non-brainer (I know bus is cheap but the time saved is much more important)
Old Mar 4, 2012, 11:00 am

Actually I never tried that route. I got scared by the bus saying they need 45 min to taoyuan highspeed station (which I LOL-ed and doubt it), I should try that sometime when I am not in a rush.

But speaking of TPE access I normally end up rica tw car or taxi. 1000-1500 TWD is a non-brainer (I know bus is cheap but the time saved is much more important)
In my experience it is usually about 20 min. and there is almost always a bus departing in the next few min.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.