Community
Wiki Posts
Search

best seats in C with a companion

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2009, 5:35 pm
Original Poster

best seats in C with a companion

I am flying JFK to HKG in business with a companion, what is the best seat to sit for conversing with a companion, back to back, side to side in the middle? ie 18A and 19 A vs. 18A and 18D vs. 18D and 18G or none of the above?
thanks
Old Mar 11, 2009, 6:49 pm

Programs: Marco Polo Club
Originally Posted by mgolshan
I am flying JFK to HKG in business with a companion, what is the best seat to sit for conversing with a companion, back to back, side to side in the middle? ie 18A and 19 A vs. 18A and 18D vs. 18D and 18G or none of the above?
thanks
best seats for a couple is answered on the CX FAQ.your question's been answered on the forum as a thread before. do a search and you should be able to find something on new J seats on the 77A. as sxc mentions, you can't really converse in J.

Last edited by b-kpf; Mar 11, 2009 at 6:58 pm Reason: missed a few words when reading OP's post
Old Mar 11, 2009, 6:55 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
You can't converse on J on CX. And please don't try to either, as you'll end up shouting and disturbing the other passengers.
Old Mar 12, 2009, 6:45 am

Programs: CX, BA
Originally Posted by sxc
You can't converse on J on CX. And please don't try to either, as you'll end up shouting and disturbing the other passengers.
In other words, if you want to converse during a long flight then don't fly cathay business class. If you really must fly Cathay, then F (sit together or opposite on ottoman assuming seatbelt sign isn't on) or Y are your options.

However, if you like sleeping in a coffin like environment and that is all you really want to do on a long flight, then Cathay is your perfect choice.
Old Mar 12, 2009, 8:09 pm

Programs: AA 1MM/Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Gambler
In other words, if you want to converse during a long flight then don't fly cathay business class. If you really must fly Cathay, then F (sit together or opposite on ottoman assuming seatbelt sign isn't on) or Y are your options.

However, if you like sleeping in a coffin like environment and that is all you really want to do on a long flight, then Cathay is your perfect choice.
FWIW, there's a seatbelt for the ottoman in F. Really not comfortable for long periods, though, as the shell of the suite is hard and it's quite narrow there. OK for a meal, but that's about it.
Old Mar 14, 2009, 6:19 pm
Suspended

I got told yesterday that CX manmagement are seriously looking at making some changes for couples in C class
Old Mar 14, 2009, 8:49 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by bizclassboy
I got told yesterday that CX manmagement are seriously looking at making some changes for couples in C class
We've heard this rumour many times before. Haven't seen anything come out yet.
Old Mar 15, 2009, 12:07 am
Suspended

They had someone going around the biz cabin asking some serious questions so maybe they just might be taking some notice, but then again !!!!!!!
Old Mar 15, 2009, 1:05 am
Original Member

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, CX DM, QF GO, AA LT GO, UA SL, LH FT, Marr LT Titanium, Shang DM, Hyatt Glob, Hilton DM
just a couple of months ago an ISM or SP was talking to me on this...I said I really don't quite like it, lucky so far I only had to take it short haul and for long haul have always been in new F. then she went on to describe how everyone she's talked to like it soooo much. I then said what I heard from friends or read online etc could at best be a mixed set of comments, never so overwhelmingly positive.

the interesting thing is, then I was reading the Business Traveller (or sth like that) magazine available on board that exact CX flight, and it's like 1-2 pages full of negative comments about the new J seats...I then showed to her immediately but she didn't quite want to read... I'm quite sure she's aware of all these negative comments but just pretended that it's all positive when talking to me earlier...
Old Mar 27, 2009, 6:14 pm
Original Poster

Just a follow-up to this flight, I found the whole CX experience rather disappointing, from the seats, to the service on the plane and on the ground. Having flown J this year on Singapore, JAL, ANA, Korean Air they all out performed in more than one sector compared to the CX flights. I really was looking forward to these flights, I think the service was better than international american carriers but not to other Asian carriers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.