Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Super cheap business class from Korea!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Super cheap business class from Korea!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2009, 12:50 am

Programs: BA Gold, JGC Sapphire, OZ Diamond, AF Silver, CX GR, Marriott Lifetime SL
Originally Posted by chinatown
Hi Quick question

I'm based in HK.. Say for example if I wanted to fly to CDG... Is there anyway I can just request a stopover on the return leg (since the flight will fly CDG-HKG) and just get off and forego the HKG-ICN leg? so the routing would be as follows

HKG-ICN(on my own) ICN-CDG and then CDG-HKG
I think mentioned other threads, you simply tell when check-in that you need to pick up something @ HKG and ask them to tag it to HKG instead of ICN.
Old Mar 3, 2009, 3:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by ChrisLi
I think mentioned other threads, you simply tell when check-in that you need to pick up something @ HKG and ask them to tag it to HKG instead of ICN.
And risk these fares being pulled because its so nonchalently being advised here on what to do?

If you can take the time to originate from ICN, you can take the time to end in ICN and return to HKG that way!

Think about it - more miles for you too ! ^
Old Mar 3, 2009, 4:55 am

Hi, just wanted to clarify the T&Cs of this promotion as the terms seem rather vague.

Say I was to issue ICN-HKG-LHR (rt) in I, the oubound (ie ICN-HKG-LHR) is valid on flight date shown while the inbound leg can be changed as many times as we like?

If I was to do the stopover in HKG on the inbound leg, could I change the LHR-HKG leg independently of say, the HKG-ICN leg?

Thanks!
Old Mar 3, 2009, 5:50 am

If the fare rule don't allow stopover, then NO.
Old Mar 3, 2009, 6:59 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by neuro0
If the fare rule don't allow stopover, then NO.
and if rules allow, you'll need to pay tax for HKG-ICN/TPE if you dont fly within the same day of arriving HKG (before 2359 per CAD rule)
Old Mar 3, 2009, 7:28 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
So according to the schedules, HKG-ICN arrives in Seoul at 14:05 and the return flight is at 15:15 - it's probably the turnaround.

Will CX check you through from HKG back to the ICN departing flight with baggage even though you are on separate tickets?
Old Mar 3, 2009, 11:23 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by sxc
So according to the schedules, HKG-ICN arrives in Seoul at 14:05 and the return flight is at 15:15 - it's probably the turnaround.

Will CX check you through from HKG back to the ICN departing flight with baggage even though you are on separate tickets?
think the rule is they wont bother if you're on a turnaround. at least for the TPE ones you can even hop on the flight before. They'll be on ur long haul flight.
Old Mar 4, 2009, 3:10 am

Programs: CX DM, PR PE, IHG Dia Amb, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
These fares are really tempting! ^
Is this possible to do?
MNL-HKG-ICN (separately on a RT ticket)
then ICN-HKG-CDG-HKG-MNL (on a ICN-HKG-CDG RT ticket + my above RT ticket).
Do I get any penalties for not using the final (HKG-ICN) sector of my Korea issued ticket and the ICN-HKG of my MNL originated ticket?

Thanks for all the inputs
Old Mar 4, 2009, 9:17 am

Programs: BA Silver, MU Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by luial
Is this possible to do?
Do I get any penalties for not using the final (HKG-ICN) sector of my Korea issued ticket and the ICN-HKG of my MNL originated ticket?

It is ok for not using HKG-ICN sector,however tickets should have to be used in order,so I think you cannot skip ICN-HKG before checking in HKG-MNL (have to check them in together if there is no stopover in HKG).
Old Mar 4, 2009, 9:59 am

Programs: SQ QPP1, HYATT DIA, SPG GOLD, HH GOLD, IHG GOLD
Originally Posted by luial
Is this possible to do?

You can't skip to HKG-MNL portion of your ex-MNL fare. You definitely have to use ICN-HKG as well.

What I will suggest is buy a return ticket MNL-HKG-MNL (cheaper than to ICN), the long haul ICN-CDG-ICN (and forgo the HKG-ICN last sector), and redeem the HKG-ICN portion using Asia Miles (one-way).
Old Mar 5, 2009, 8:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
BTW, though SIN is not listed as one of the cities on its special promo, it should be as there is an "I" class fare for around US$590 incl tax, and "Q" for around US$300 incl tax.

Just FYI
Old Mar 5, 2009, 5:18 pm

Programs: SQ QPP1, HYATT DIA, SPG GOLD, HH GOLD, IHG GOLD
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
BTW, though SIN is not listed as one of the cities on its special promo, it should be as there is an "I" class fare for around US$590 incl tax, and "Q" for around US$300 incl tax.
Fares to South-East Asian countries are also available ex-TPE starting from TWD13,500. That's roughly around the same price.
Old Mar 5, 2009, 5:33 pm

Programs: CX DM, PR PE, IHG Dia Amb, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
Thanks for the replies and suggestions! ^

Originally Posted by ny911
It is ok for not using HKG-ICN sector,however tickets should have to be used in order,so I think you cannot skip ICN-HKG before checking in HKG-MNL (have to check them in together if there is no stopover in HKG).
Originally Posted by MilesBuzz
You can't skip to HKG-MNL portion of your ex-MNL fare. You definitely have to use ICN-HKG as well.

What I will suggest is buy a return ticket MNL-HKG-MNL (cheaper than to ICN), the long haul ICN-CDG-ICN (and forgo the HKG-ICN last sector), and redeem the HKG-ICN portion using Asia Miles (one-way).
Old Mar 6, 2009, 11:07 pm

What dates?

Can anyone advise what the flight dates of these sales are?

It looks like I can book 'I' flights to AUS in mid April, but I can't seem to get them for intra-Asia flights after the end of March?

Thanks
Old Apr 2, 2009, 5:56 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Looks like the Korea fares have been extended. Previously had to be ticketed by 31 March, now this restriction is gone. But departure date is still 30 June.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.