Wiki Posts
Search

KA 1419 - CKG (Chongqing) to HKG

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2009, 9:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CX Gold
KA 1419 - CKG (Chongqing) to HKG

I will be flying from CKG to HKG on KA 1419, which a code share flight operated by CA.

Question:

1. I am a CX Gold and will be flying economy. I would think I will be checking in at the CA counter at CKG. Will I be able to use the business class check-in counter and go to the business class lounge? Meaning if it is on a code-share flight not operated by CX/KA, would I still be entitled to enjoy my CX Gold benefits?

2. It is a L class ticket. I know i will get Club miles for the HKG-CKG leg which is going to be on KA metal. Would I be able to get Club miles on the leg opearted by CA?

Thanks so much !!!
Old Feb 25, 2009, 10:46 pm

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
1. Check-in at the operating airline counter.
MPC GO is not entitled to business class check-in by MPC status.
No lounge access (determined by the operating airline) by MPC status.
2. No club miles.

In other words, no benefits (should take 841 instead).
Old Feb 25, 2009, 11:43 pm

Programs: BA Gold, JGC Sapphire, OZ Diamond, AF Silver, CX GR, Marriott Lifetime SL
Originally Posted by cxfan1960
1. Check-in at the operating airline counter.
MPC GO is not entitled to business class check-in by MPC status.
No lounge access (determined by the operating airline) by MPC status.
2. No club miles.

In other words, no benefits (should take 841 instead).
I think for (2), there will be club miles because Air China is a partner of MPC (of course depends of ticketing class)
Old Feb 26, 2009, 12:25 am

Originally Posted by ChrisLi
I think for (2), there will be club miles because Air China is a partner of MPC (of course depends of ticketing class)
Air China ia a partner of Asia Miles, not MPC. AFAIK, only miles on OW airlines can be counted towards Club Miles. I had a few flights on CA and MU, but I only got Asia Miles, not Club Miles. (This is different from some other airlines, e.g., AA grants EQPs and EQMs to codeshares marketed by AA and operated by other airlines.)
Old Feb 26, 2009, 3:12 am

2. No club miles.
Not true. I took KA1104 (Hong Kong-Tianjin, operated by CA) and back in Jan. Received both Asia miles and MPC club miles.

Checked in at the CA counter. I did not receive lounge invitation, but I did not go to KA lounge anyway because of the distance from the gate.
Old Feb 26, 2009, 3:21 am

Originally Posted by Flaps30
Not true. I took KA1104 (Hong Kong-Tianjin, operated by CA) and back in Jan. Received both Asia miles and MPC club miles.

Checked in at the CA counter. I did not receive lounge invitation, but I did not go to KA lounge anyway because of the distance from the gate.
Um.. I have not taken any codeshares for a while because of that. I should check my statements.
Old Feb 26, 2009, 4:50 am

Um.. I have not taken any codeshares for a while because of that. I should check my statements.
Tianjin (TSN), PEK & CKG r special case, since CX/KA and CA r hving a joint venture agreement on the above routes. Therefore this may explain y u got MPC miles when booked on KA flight number.
Old Feb 26, 2009, 7:08 pm

Programs: CX Diamond, LH Senator
I've also gotten clubmiles and Asiamiles on CS codeshare with SU to/from Moscow. Same with KA ticket codeshare on CA to CKG.

I do however book K-class tickets.

NG1Fan

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.