Wiki Posts
Search

Fares MEL-LAX

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2009, 2:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdv GLD(MM), QF LTS, UA MP_nada, HH Gld, SPG, GoldenCircle Jade
Fares MEL-LAX

I am trying to find fares on CX MEL-HKG-LAX (or via SFO) - EF only shows a full J published fare of around A$10950. Are there any others out there that aren't showing up on EF?

Reason I am asking is that we're holding award on CX but we're bringing lap infants and therfore have to pay 10% of adult fare - so at $1000 per lapchild it reduces the value of the award.
Old Feb 1, 2009, 6:42 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Have you checked on the Cathay website? CX doesn't frequently discount J class fares particularly not from Australia so you are probably out of luck.

Also if you have the new J class you might find it difficult travelling with a child depending on the age/size.
Old Feb 1, 2009, 8:12 pm

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
AFAIK, infant fare is 10% of full fare. It will not help even if you can find discounted fare.
Old Feb 2, 2009, 9:21 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Originally Posted by cxfan1960
AFAIK, infant fare is 10% of full fare. It will not help even if you can find discounted fare.
CXfan is quite correct. I fly MEL/SYD-HKG-LAX/SFO/JFK regularly and there are unpublished fares available in F/J but they do not help you in the least. Rather ironically I have now switched to QF MEL-LAX on the A380 instead for the next 3 trips, judging that to be considerably superior to the CX service (which I had sought out for years, but no longer the case on this route).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.