Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Even more bad news from CX, but still some hope

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Even more bad news from CX, but still some hope

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2009, 8:28 am

Programs: AA, AS, CI, DL, UA
Terminal 1 may be in closure in June 2009 for a speedy project that will renovate Terminal 1 by 2011 (can say good bye to it?). If that's the case, we may see all airlines move to Terminal 2 as a temporary measure. Also, it's possible that only 1 concourse is closed... in that case, when side A is closed, all airlines working in side A, such as China Airlines, will move operations to Terminal 2.
Old Feb 7, 2009, 8:50 am
formerly gemini573

Programs: CX Emerald, WOH Globalist, Marriott Platinum, AA Lifetime Platinum, Virtuoso, Prive, STEPS, STARS
Well, if the lounge "sucks," you can head down to the JL lounge. I think it's much better than the BR lounge that KA uses at TPE.
Old Feb 12, 2009, 2:07 pm

Programs: IML GOLD, Bonvoy LTPE, WOH Globalist, AAEXPLT
CX's "free ride" of connecting passengers from TPE to China is effectively over. But if they were more competitive on fares, people will still travel thru HKG. For me, its easier to get to KHH via HKG than TPE.. So CX is still a viable option.

Not surprised TPE gives the newer T2 to local airlines first, and T1 to the outside airlines. CX gets preferential treatment at HKG as well.
Old Feb 12, 2009, 6:54 pm

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
Originally Posted by DKNYSprt95
CX's "free ride" of connecting passengers from TPE to China is effectively over. But if they were more competitive on fares, people will still travel thru HKG. For me, its easier to get to KHH via HKG than TPE.. So CX is still a viable option.

Not surprised TPE gives the newer T2 to local airlines first, and T1 to the outside airlines. CX gets preferential treatment at HKG as well.
But KA gets T2.

I have friends who just prefer to take the long way through HKG when travelling between the Mainland and Taiwan. One of them likes the flexibility although it takes much longer.
Old Feb 13, 2009, 2:21 am

Programs: IML GOLD, Bonvoy LTPE, WOH Globalist, AAEXPLT
Originally Posted by cxfan1960
But KA gets T2.

I have friends who just prefer to take the long way through HKG when travelling between the Mainland and Taiwan. One of them likes the flexibility although it takes much longer.
Wow, thats oddball. I guess all my past CX flights to TPE weren't KA codeshares.

I think its also a function of total travel time vs. amount of trouble. They have direct flight from TSA to SHA... If your hotel was within 5 min of TSA/SHA, then you'd save hours But it isn't that ideal for 100% of the people, and for some of the other cities, direct flights only happen once a day so it become a little troublesome if that an inconvenient flight or if it were booked!

I traveled O/W from Taipei to Nanjing via Air Macau (scary things). Was about $200 cheaper than a direct TSA-Nanjing flight but since I had nothing to do that day I just took the long way around

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.