Wiki Posts
Search

KA/CA code-shares, why no miles?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2009, 9:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
KA/CA code-shares, why no miles?

I have been wondering about this for a while.
How come, according to http://www.asiamiles.com/am/en/earn/...000ad21c39RCRD, that one is not able to earn miles on a KA-marketed flight operated by CA or BI, since both of them are Asia Miles members (The only difference would be MPO miles/sectors)? It probably does not make a difference for HKG-PEK/CTU/CKG & v.v., since all of them have CX codes. However, I thought this policy would force people to purchase HKG-DLC/TSN/BWN under CA or BI code as opposed to KA code, so at least they can earn Asia Miles.
Does anyone know why this policy exists, or has anyone successfully obtained miles on a KA-marketed by CA- or BI-operated flight?
Old Jan 19, 2009, 10:50 pm

Programs: CX, OZ, MU (+AY, DL), Shangri-La, Hilton
Maybe it just means Asia Miles are earned according to the partner airlines rules instead of the normal standards used by Dragonair. And I guess you cannot earn Club miles on those flights?
Old Jan 19, 2009, 11:00 pm

I recently took the HK-Tianjin round trip (operated by CA, ticket issued by KA as code share flights) and I received both MP club miles and club sectors.

Last edited by Flaps30; Jan 19, 2009 at 11:47 pm
Old Jan 19, 2009, 11:41 pm

Programs: CX, OZ, MU (+AY, DL), Shangri-La, Hilton
Originally Posted by Flaps30
I recently took the HK-Tianjin round trip (operated by CA, ticket issued by KA as code share flights) and I received both club miles and club sectors.
Then it works just like my BA feeder flights from the continent to LHR, codeshared with CX, and Club Miles and Sectors have never failed to appear.

However, on those flights the booking class rules used are by Cathay, not BA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.