Search

Upgrade after chnage of tier status?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2008, 5:24 pm
yiu
Original Poster

Programs: MPC Silver
Upgrade after chnage of tier status?

I've heard rumors that sometimes when a MPC member changes to a higher tier, he/she will suddenly get an upgrade on the next flight. Is that true? I know that when I joined MPC, the first flight I took was an upgrade to J. From HKG-YYZ.
Old Nov 20, 2008, 6:07 pm

dun think it is true. I've not been upgraded when I was promoted to Gold. Neither was I upgraded when I was promoted to Diamond...
Old Nov 20, 2008, 6:14 pm

Programs: CX GR, SPG/MR GE, Ritz Plat, Hilton S
Originally Posted by yiu
I've heard rumors that sometimes when a MPC member changes to a higher tier, he/she will suddenly get an upgrade on the next flight. Is that true? I know that when I joined MPC, the first flight I took was an upgrade to J. From HKG-YYZ.
never happened in my case.
Old Nov 20, 2008, 7:39 pm

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by yiu
Happened to me Y-J when I went from GR to SL HKG-SIN last year, and there was no op reason for it...Y was half empty. But when I went from SL-GO and GO-DM I didn't get squat.
Old Nov 20, 2008, 7:42 pm

Programs: HGP Globalist, SPG P100, Hilton Dia
Yep, happened to me last December on CX889. I got promoted to Silver (before the actual year end) and got upgraded J to F on my flight. ^
Old Nov 20, 2008, 8:05 pm

Programs: CX DM / SQ PPS / VN Platinum
usually happens for me after i renew at DM for another year. though not always on the very next flight; sometimes there isn't room for an upgrade
Old Nov 20, 2008, 8:06 pm

Programs: CX Diamond
although I definately will not complain on number of u/g's that i've had, i never had on on the change from SL-GO or GO-DM but did have them in between. Dont really think that this rumor is true....when i got DM 2 years ago i walked to the F counter expecting it (from all the rumor's i'd heard)....but was given my J boarding pass to "have a nice flight"......

No complaints though, being able to use my miles when i want to, is already a benifit that I was ecstatic about......
Old Nov 22, 2008, 1:00 pm
yiu
Original Poster

thanks everyone!
Old Nov 22, 2008, 5:12 pm

Programs: CX IN
Question 20 Years of membership

can I expect an upgrade?
Old Nov 22, 2008, 6:03 pm

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
Originally Posted by sc88
can I expect an upgrade?
I hope you do. Most of us are not there yet. Would you let us know after your flight?
Old Nov 22, 2008, 10:02 pm
yiu
Original Poster

hopefully i can get an upgrade on Jan 1st for my return flight after my chnage in tier. =P best of luck!
Old Nov 22, 2008, 11:25 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Many people are lucky enough that they book on heavy booked flights on certain routes and it happend that they were just promoted to the next tier. When they go to the airport they get upgraded becuase of the overbooking of the flight and they assume because of their new status
Old Nov 23, 2008, 2:29 am

Programs: CX DM / SQ PPS / VN Platinum
Originally Posted by LH/LX
Many people are lucky enough that they book on heavy booked flights on certain routes and it happend that they were just promoted to the next tier. When they go to the airport they get upgraded becuase of the overbooking of the flight and they assume because of their new status

Or.. the check-in agent tells you are being upgraded for renewing / hitting 500k or 1m miles. have had it happen to me several times. in most cases j did not seem full when i was upgraded to f.
Old Nov 23, 2008, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Didn't happen to me when I went from Gold to DM in 2006. Had a flight after the tier upgrade which was ticketed in J and I remained in J.
Old Nov 24, 2008, 2:22 am

Programs: CX Diamond
It happened to me when I went from silver to gold in Mar 08. On my flight from SFO-TPE, was upgraded from SFO-HKG segment. I usually get upgraded from HKG-TPE, but never from SFO-HKG and it hasn't happened since...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.