Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Entering Asia Miles number on BA site

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2008, 4:32 am
Original Poster

Hey all,

I am not sure if I should post this question on CX or the BA section of the forum. But anyhow, I was booking a flight on ba.com and I had the option of entering the Asia Miles number. But after I clicked submit, though there was a message on top saying that the frequent mileage number has been successfully entered, below there was a chart indicating no details were found on any frequent flyer programme and numbers enter . Does anyone experience such problem on BA website before??? Anyone knows how I can rectify it??

Thanks a bunch
Old Nov 8, 2008, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by Skyliner34
... Anyone knows how I can rectify it??

Yes.

Phone BA reservations.
Old Nov 18, 2008, 8:16 am

Programs: CX Marco Polo
The Great British Airways Milleage Theft

Yes, I have had exactly the same experience with BA numerous times for our regular staff who fly BA.

BA basically IGNORES your MCO number, and it doesn't get into their system, and you will never get credited your miles! Worse part is that trying to redem the miles afterwards, your request will probably be denied if you are booked in economy class (which should earn 50% miles). BA is terrible at this game, and I think they do this on purpose and make you go through hoops for your miles.

You basically have to call the BA reservations before flying, and get it done on the phone. Most people assume that once the number is put in on BA's website, its there in the reservation, but it doesn't actually get put in. The worst part is the BA check in agents at the airport, they will refuse to put your marco polo number in the booking at the airport and instead tell you to do it 'online' where it is engineered not to work.

You would think that this issue would be more well documented by now but nobody seems to have noticed really.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.