Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Contacting CX Holidays by telephone - impossible?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Contacting CX Holidays by telephone - impossible?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2008, 8:41 am

Update

CX Holidays/Dragonair Holidays have finally begun posting availabilities and prices for departures after April 30, 2008 last week.

For those who are interested in "Private Tours" to China, you will be disappointed as selections have been greatly reduced. Not sure if additional tours may be added later.
Old Apr 28, 2008, 9:52 am

Programs: CX Marco Polo
Getting thru to CX holidays

Well 2 weeks ago, I had my secretary on the phone trying to get thru to CX holidays.

She called and didn't put any marco polo number in. She waited for an hour and hung up, and told me they weren't answering. I rang them, put in my diamond card number, and I was connected to an operator within 5 seconds!

It seems they are aware of the slow service and fast track MPO diamond card members. This is obviously done at the expense of the waiting public.

My advice to you is to find out (maybe ask a family, friend or colleauge) to ring them for you and get them on the phone line with their diamond card number.
Old Apr 28, 2008, 10:55 am

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
Originally Posted by Globalman
Well 2 weeks ago, I had my secretary on the phone trying to get thru to CX holidays.

She called and didn't put any marco polo number in. She waited for an hour and hung up, and told me they weren't answering. I rang them, put in my diamond card number, and I was connected to an operator within 5 seconds!

It seems they are aware of the slow service and fast track MPO diamond card members. This is obviously done at the expense of the waiting public.

My advice to you is to find out (maybe ask a family, friend or colleauge) to ring them for you and get them on the phone line with their diamond card number.
Is this something new? It had been about two years since I called CX Holidays. There was no way for me to key in my MPC number. I could not get through on phone. Each email took about one week for a reply. I ended up giving up on CX Holidays.
Old Apr 28, 2008, 10:56 am

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Yea, as DM you have no problem...although my experience as GO was there was also basically zero wait-time as well, and as SL I don't ever recall waiting really long times either. So my advice is just find any MPC member who can call for you with their MPC#.
Old Apr 28, 2008, 11:12 am

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
Originally Posted by QRC3288
Yea, as DM you have no problem...although my experience as GO was there was also basically zero wait-time as well, and as SL I don't ever recall waiting really long times either. So my advice is just find any MPC member who can call for you with their MPC#.
I have no wait time at the MPC line, but two years ago, CX Holidays did not even ask to key in my MPC #. I kept holding until I gave up (and called a travel agency instead). So I was wondering whether that was changed for CX Holidays.
Old Apr 28, 2008, 11:24 am

Programs: NH Diamond, JL JGC Diamond, BA Gold Guest List(Gold for life), CX Diamond
I don't have any difficuties to call up CX holidays Japan and CX reservation and ticketing office in Japan
They don't have a membership nnumber keying system.
Old Jan 26, 2009, 9:08 pm

Programs: Qatar Platinum, Etihad Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Angry CX Scoring High in Customer Satisfaction!! How come??!!

I really can't imagine how CX has been able to survive and even surprisingly attain high awards in the area of customer service!!!

If customers can't reach CX by phone, what service can CX offer then!!

I had bad experiences trying to get hold of CX by phone. The only exception is their reservation line. Marco Polo and other customer service lines are ALL unavailable for customers and the waiting time is unacceptable by all standards. May be the level of service is good but one can only know if among the minority who are able to get hold of CX.

Very POOR management.... I wonder how long CX will be able to survive and be a leading airline!!

Swire Travel offers a good service.. off course.. 'cause they have a privileged access to CX!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.