Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Contacting CX Holidays by telephone - impossible?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2006, 12:24 am
Original Poster

Have tried contacting them in the morning, at lunch, later in the day - nothing but "I can flyyyyyy, I can flyyyyyy" on hold - so far I have managed to get an hour on hold as my personal best.

They take over a day to respond to emails, which isn't any use as I have to confirm payment for tickets by tomorrow and have all selection details finalised. Every time I ask a question I get 2 days of silence, then a short email.

Is there any sneaky way to get through to them? I am using the 27474388 number. In 4 days of attempting to call them, I have not once succeeded. If it makes any difference (and I suspect it doesn't) I am MPC Silver.

THanks!
AT

p.s. while I'm here - what are the chances of two MPC Silvers getting opups to or from BKK (leaving Friday night in a few week's time, returning that Sunday afternoon)? Is this a busy / oversold route?
Old Nov 2, 2006, 12:42 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Have you tried calling Marco Polo club to tell them your situation? Maybe that will help. I haven't done that before but have had your experience before and did my booking almost fully via email.
Old Nov 2, 2006, 1:12 am
Original Poster

Murphy's Law prevailed, and I got through about 15 minutes after posting this (it was a 46 minute hold time though). Found a very friendly guy who sorted everything out for me.

A hint for FTers booking through CX Holidays: If you want to splash out and upgrade your room, do it through the Hotel directly. The Hotel quoted me US$30 per night to upgrade the room one tier, whereas CXHolidays quoted me US$70 per night for the same upgrade. Fair enough that they have to make a buck through it, but I'm just passing the wisdom on. :-)
Old Nov 2, 2006, 5:06 am

Programs: SQ Krisflyer Gold / Hilton Hhonour Diamond / Starwood SPG Gold / CX Former Gold, now Green
I may be too late to reply, as you sort out everything already...

But, it seems like to be the "golden rule" to call CX holidays that YOU ONLY RING AT 9AM! I have tried it many many time, in the last few years already, as I often book holidays thru CX Holidays for myself, my girlfriend, my parents etc... (I can be travel agent for my family really...) I only ring at 9am, once they open the door. Other times ==> MISSION IMPOSSIBLE! (unless you want to wait for something like 2 hours)
Old Nov 2, 2006, 2:33 pm

Programs: AA 3MM EXP, SQ Solitaire, LH SEN, CX DM, Hyatt CC, Marriott LT Titanium
Its easier to deal with a travel agent, and have them deal with CX Holidays..
Old Apr 5, 2008, 10:15 am

Incompetent Management

Customer Service at CX Holidays and Dragonair Holidays seems to be getting worse.

I shall be in HKG in May and try to tag a side trip at the end. Last week, I tried unsuccessfully to book on-line at the CX-H and D-H combined web site for a package for mid-May.

Rang the call centre and was put on a perpetual hold. My e-mail was finally answered some four days later (luckily just before the public holiday last Friday) and I was surprised to be told that price and tour particulars for May have not yet been finalised. They will not be available until the end of April.

I am shocked at the quality and ability of senior management. It is obvious that they lack the capability to plan more than a few weeks in advance!

This is certainly reflective of the quality and capability of senior management at the parent’s level – Cathay Pacific Airways.
Old Apr 5, 2008, 4:10 pm

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
Originally Posted by Clipper801
Customer Service at CX Holidays and Dragonair Holidays seems to be getting worse.

I shall be in HKG in May and try to tag a side trip at the end. Last week, I tried unsuccessfully to book on-line at the CX-H and D-H combined web site for a package for mid-May.

Rang the call centre and was put on a perpetual hold. My e-mail was finally answered some four days later (luckily just before the public holiday last Friday) and I was surprised to be told that price and tour particulars for May have not yet been finalised. They will not be available until the end of April.

I am shocked at the quality and ability of senior management. It is obvious that they lack the capability to plan more than a few weeks in advance!

This is certainly reflective of the quality and capability of senior management at the parent’s level – Cathay Pacific Airways.
My experience was just as bad. I gave up on them long time ago. I called MPC and they could not help. I suggest you call a TA to book your vacation package.
Old Apr 5, 2008, 6:52 pm

Programs: JL Sapphire, Aegean Gold, Accor Platinum, HHonours Gold
I use Swire travel. A VERY fast agent who has to be reminded about issuing tickets/payments, etc, though still good. Very good rates on hotels as well.
Old Apr 6, 2008, 6:08 am

Originally Posted by cxfan1960
My experience was just as bad. I gave up on them long time ago. I called MPC and they could not help. I suggest you call a TA to book your vacation package.
I haven't had a problem using CX Holidays and they take credit cards without any surcharges, something you will not find with every travel agent.
Old Apr 6, 2008, 7:54 am

Unhappy CX / KA holidays

Mine too, contact them via email and asked for tour package to Hochiming City (SGN), and Siem Reap (REO) in May 5, & May 9 after I finished my business in HKG. They reply in two days, saying they do not have the rate until late April.
Old Apr 6, 2008, 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by fallinasleep
I haven't had a problem using CX Holidays and they take credit cards without any surcharges, something you will not find with every travel agent.
That is if they actually have the rates available for you to use your credit card to book! LOL! My "problem" of using CX Holidays is their inability to quote me a rate in early April for a tour in May. I'd gladly pay a reasonable additional fee for using the credit card.

We are already at the second week of April 2008 and CX Holidays/Dragonair Holidays still do not have the rates finalised for May 2008 which is less than four weeks away. Hopelessly incompetent management.
Old Apr 7, 2008, 7:17 pm

Share my experience with CX holidays

Hi all, I am new to this forum and glad to find somewhere I can share my experience as well. Few years ago I got bad experience with travel agents, they hold my deposit and rejected my booking, then force me to purchase another package. Really sick.

Since then I booked from CX holidays website. Yes, their call center is unreachable most of the time. Normally I waited for 1- 2 days and someone will reply my request. For very short lead time this process may not work.

Last week, I found most of their package equipped with an instant booking feature, I tried my booking to TYO and it was instant confirmed. I got my booking reference real-time. I made a call to Cathay airways to check the reference and they told that it was a valid air booking. I got a call on the following day on document delivery confirmation. Very good, no waiting for 2 days right now.

Same with all of you, I wish to have one reliable travel agent to serve me. . Hope that this information help.
Old Apr 7, 2008, 8:34 pm

Duplicate - deleted

Last edited by Clipper801; Apr 7, 2008 at 8:37 pm Reason: duplicate - deleted
Old Apr 7, 2008, 8:40 pm

Originally Posted by hau cheng
I use Swire travel. A VERY fast agent who has to be reminded about issuing tickets/payments, etc, though still good. Very good rates on hotels as well.
Same here, I use Swire as well.

I've tried other agents, but so far Swire always comes out tops.

Bit annoyed they have started charging 2% for credit card bookings though.
Old Apr 9, 2008, 10:09 pm
Formerly known as aep

Programs: Nothing special in many programs
Welcome to FT, German88!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.