Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Almost got screwed by CX today!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2006, 12:56 pm

Programs: AA 3MM EXP, SQ Solitaire, LH SEN, CX DM, Hyatt CC, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by Globalman
CX used to be an A grade airline. However (in my eyes only) has recently slipped to maybe B grade. B is still superior to C, but c'mon people, B is not the A that it was.
The sad truth of air travel these days, is that I think there are no more grade A airlines anymore... even airlines like SQ, EK and CX are at best maybe a B+....
Old Oct 8, 2006, 4:02 pm

Programs: CX MPO GO,AC Aeroplan
hm....grade A....nowadays......for a real First class experience.........I bet only the private jet is available.......cos u and/or your group will be the only to be served, the handling company will apply the time slot according to your desired time for travel......

and according to a recent programme from HK TVB the business for this type of travel is taking off....
Old Oct 8, 2006, 6:31 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond+, Alaska Airlines MVP, Priority Club Platinum
Originally Posted by Globalman
you should not be blindly aggressive in your defense and critical of others. You should come to realize that the airline isn't as wonderful as it was, and push the airline to stop sliding and improve standards. Don't take it out by ridiculing the poor OP in this case, or whenever anyone comes to this board to share their experiences.
This post echos through my head on a daily basis now. I am not sure if the OP is simply vain or ignorant. I sit in the AS LAX board room for hours right now since my 5:30 flight was cancelled when I got here. Virtually no one was lucky enough to get on the earlier 4:30 flight and so I may be lucky to get out late tonight. I had a confirmed FC seat and I am the highest elite. You were so lucky that CX is so proactive they got you out when they did and hopefully I will be able forget this post and move on from remembering your vain comments during my future delayed and cancelled flights on other sub par U.S. airlines.
Old Oct 8, 2006, 6:40 pm

Originally Posted by DKNYSprt95
What is up with the CX service these days?!?

Long story short... I had a CX469 10:15am (TPE-HKG) today. I received a notifly page yesterday with flight details, and logged in last night to check in. The boarding pass says to show up 45 min (9:30am) before departure.

I showed up at the airport at 9:15am and handed them my travel docs. First the agent told me I was in the wrong counter (business class), I told her I was MPC Gold on economy... She couldn't verify it so I had to give her my asiamiles card. Keep in mind that I booked my flight directly on cx website and had a seemless checkin during the prior segment on CX.

Keep in mind that I have members in my party with boarding pass for a 1:30pm flight to LAX, so if the plane departed without us, that would have been a disaster.

Next she proceeds to tell me my original flight was cancelled, and that I was booked on the 9:30am cx 403 (keep in mind 9:25am). There was no way im running to the gate because of the stuff I had on me.

Then the agent hands me a biz lounge invitation, I asked her whats the point of that, to use in HK? "sure."

I get to HKG, have a connecting non-cx flight during the afternoon to China with a CX flight back to LAX tomorrow and was denied lounge access, after the first lady told me to just use it in HKG. This was agonizing for they just patronized me while I was in TPE.

To finish, I checked my e-mail and found a message from CX booking telling me my flight was cancelled and I was put on an earlier flight. The e-mail was received at 7:51am telling me to hop on the 9:30am flight.

What a joke..... it took me less than a yr to get to MPC gold and now i have a feeling that the value of service has depreciated a bit. We'll see which way the service goes on my flight back to LAX.
Lol....atleast its better than american wut career do you practice in??
Old Oct 9, 2006, 2:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Most asian airlines will do their utmost to get you to the destination in the least inconvenience to you. No chance of ever that happening on western airlines.

Last April a friend and I were booked on a flight from AMS to CPH on SK. Got to the airport 3 hours prior to find a long queue at the ticket counter. No signs, no notice. So after a lengthy line up to the check-in counter only to be told that we were to line up at the other line as flight to CPH was cancelled.

After over an hour's plus wait, got to ticket counter and was told that we were being rerouted via VIE to CPH. And oh, here are 2 vouchers worth 5 euros for your inconvenience!

Actually, all passengers were very pleasant about it. No shouting, threatening words etc. Epople just made phone calls rearranging their schedules etc. Only those with big budgets called KLM right away and asked to be booked on their flights full fare. Other people like me with nonrefundable, non changeable tickets didn't have a choice except to just queue up at the ticketing counter.

CX and other asian carriers have kept delays to all their flights to a minimum in my opinion. So minimum that when a cancellation does actrually happen, it may seem the end of the world for some.

Get used to the real world... and maybe you'd come to appreciate CX a bit more for their efforts!
Old Oct 9, 2006, 3:03 am

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Get used to the real world... and maybe you'd come to appreciate CX a bit more for their efforts!
Interesting point. However, if this situation happenned at Singapore Airlines, I wouldn't appreciate their efforts as much as people on here think we should. I would expect them to do everything to get me on the flight etc.
Old Oct 9, 2006, 5:49 am

Programs: AA 3MM EXP, SQ Solitaire, LH SEN, CX DM, Hyatt CC, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by Singapore_Air
Interesting point. However, if this situation happenned at Singapore Airlines, I wouldn't appreciate their efforts as much as people on here think we should. I would expect them to do everything to get me on the flight etc.
That's exactly the kind of attitude that asian carriers give people... We expect the world from them, and whenever something minor goes wrong, we all go completely nuts... I think we should show a little appreciation.. as GB says... get use to the real world and you might appreciate asian carriers a bit more..
Old Oct 9, 2006, 7:41 am

Originally Posted by tfung
That's exactly the kind of attitude that asian carriers give people... We expect the world from them, and whenever something minor goes wrong, we all go completely nuts... I think we should show a little appreciation.. as GB says... get use to the real world and you might appreciate asian carriers a bit more..
I appreciate (pun intended) what you're saying, but people should have have to fly a U.S. carrier to experience the "real world". Pardon the condescending tone, but these airlines are in the real world and funnily enough are at the higher end of the scale.

Such airlines should not vaunt themselves to the top, rightly so, and then when something goes wrong say, "Oh well at least we're better than that crappy airline across the ocean. Count yourself lucky." It may be an interesting look on business but it's not great for customer service.

I'm very bemused. I wouldn't compare Singapore Airlines with say, American Airlines? What would be the point. If you did that your comparison would automatically become null and void due to the sheer stupidity of it!

Alas
Old Oct 9, 2006, 4:37 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond+, Alaska Airlines MVP, Priority Club Platinum
Such airlines should not vaunt themselves to the top, rightly so, and then when something goes wrong say, "Oh well at least we're better than that crappy airline across the ocean. Count yourself lucky." It may be an interesting look on business but it's not great for customer service.
Wow, I think you are saying that CX should have done more than it already did (i.e.: Try to call every PAX even though they held the earlier flight). The fact that most airlines in world, let alone the western world, would probably not have got the OP out on an earlier flight at the time he was originially suppose to leave, when they show up at the last minute for an international flight (just 45 minutes early) and it still allows him to catch his non-CX HKG connection who may not have accepted a CX cancellation excuse for missing their flight.
On another note I am looking forward to taking a future trip on Singapore Airways...
Old Oct 9, 2006, 5:10 pm
Suspended

I appreciate (pun intended) what you're saying, but people should have have to fly a U.S. carrier to experience the "real world". Pardon the condescending tone, but these airlines are in the real world and funnily enough are at the higher end of the scale.

I'm very bemused. I wouldn't compare Singapore Airlines with say, American Airlines? What would be the point. If you did that your comparison would automatically become null and void due to the sheer stupidity of it!

Alas

Are you trying to say SQ never F up any situation and it is always 100% reliable and treats you like king, even when you are in Y Class?
Old Oct 9, 2006, 8:44 pm

Originally Posted by Dave Marsh
Are you trying to say SQ never F up any situation and it is always 100% reliable and treats you like king, even when you are in Y Class?
I'm saying that if they do ".... up" I expect them to do everything to resolve the matter and at the end of it not have to say to myself "At least I'm not flying some U.S. airline! ", but instead say "I believe that they have done their utmost with the correct attitude, care and efficiency to resolve and rectify the scenario."

Anything else would be completely unacceptable.
Old Oct 10, 2006, 2:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Okay people.. I beleive the point has been said, stressed and explained. But let's not get into other airlines' situations as this is all about CX. So let's just stick with it, ok.

Thanks

Guy Betsy
Cathay Pacific Asiamiles forum moderator
Old Oct 15, 2006, 2:07 am
Suspended

Could CX have done more for the OP - maybe - but at the end of the day it is interesting there are a ton of EXPs who fly CX frequently and are delighted they can get their EXP status through CX flights. The comments on the CX board about service slip ups are few and far between - i think there was one about the quality of the caviar!

I dont see to many MP members saying I cant wait till AA starts HKG-ORD or I like to fly AA from NRT-DFW. Fact is CX does a great job in terms of service, and they are leading the way with their new F and J products.

The US airlines probably have better FF programs, particularly when i comes to award availability, etc. but all in all it would be hard to pinpoint any airlines that are leaving CX in the dust - CX, IMHO, continues to be a Top 5 worldwide airline based on personal preferences, but not sure anyone can come up with a credible Top 5 list that leaves CX off

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.