Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AAdvantage Award on Cathay

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2006, 10:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, 3.7MM
Thank you! What a great tool. I wish I had known about it before calling AAdvantage to book my reservation!!!
Old Sep 14, 2006, 9:21 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by mmcmah
I did have the opportunity to return on QF F SYD-LAX, but because it meant crossing the Pacific twice via SYD, it bumped up the tickets to the OW 280k award level, which was not worth the extra 100k miles combined to me.
Just for future purposes, keep in mind that the "cost" of a oneworld award using AA miles depends on stopovers, not the routing. Crossing the Pacific twice via SYD would not necessarily cause the cost of the award to increase. See the sticky in the oneworld forum for more information about this.
Old Sep 14, 2006, 10:01 am

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLAT, Marriott Titanium/LT PLAT
I am trying to get 2 biz seats on CX or JAL for MARCH 26-31, 2007...started my search now...

Amazing how little value AA has compared to CX or JAL....
Old Sep 14, 2006, 10:35 am

From what city? With some luck and a lot of flexibility you should be able to confirm a J seat this far in advance. There are normally a few per month ex LAX available early.
Old Sep 14, 2006, 10:52 am

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLAT, Marriott Titanium/LT PLAT
From LAX/SFO/LAS -- whichever...nothing available...
Old Sep 14, 2006, 12:22 pm

Programs: AA/EXP 3MM; UA/1K; HY/DIA; SPG/PLT; Fairmont/Life PLT
Originally Posted by anaggie
I am trying to get 2 biz seats on CX or JAL for MARCH 26-31, 2007...started my search now...

Amazing how little value AA has compared to CX or JAL....
How is AA of little value?

CX and other alliance members see the same inventories you get from AA for awards....

Difference is, CX's own members can wait list award seats, while alliance members cannot.

Fact is, CX tightened up on award availability in premium classes....nothing to do with AA.... You could try using BA, QF, AS, CX, LA, IB, AY miles can still come to this "little value" conclusion based on your experience with award availability.....
Old Sep 14, 2006, 12:48 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM
I agree. CX award availability has been more limited recently. I checked for the entire month of March 2007 and there were a total of 5 flights out of North America with one single J seat availabile for mileage redemption and absolutely no F award seats.

CX must be doing very well in their premium cabins.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.