Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dissapointing CX First Menu LAX-HKG

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2006, 1:57 pm
Suspended

All I can say is whenever I've flown CX F they always give me a second helping of fruit or caviar if asked.
Old Sep 4, 2006, 6:22 pm

Programs: AA 3MM EXP, SQ Solitaire, LH SEN, CX DM, Hyatt CC, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by agmhkg
on a full B744 Frist the average comsumption rate of the Amuse Bouche is around 30% i.e. around 3 pax will hv it....the rest......u bet....99% go into the waste bin on arrival....
I bet it wouldn't be so low if it was tastier, or the presentation a bit better...
Old Sep 4, 2006, 7:36 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Regarding the Amuse Bouche, although regular passengers may give it a miss, once it disappears, watch for all the posts saying "CX First service is cr.p! They don't even serve a refreshment before departure!" Sometimes the thought is more important....the amuse bouche is one of those little extras that can set aside a good airline from an excellent one.
Old Sep 4, 2006, 8:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: None any more
Personally I quite like the amuse bouche - I find it much preferable to a bowl of nuts. Like any food I will prefer some to others, but I am always happy to try something new with my first glass of Krug... I'll be sorry if it disappears.

One of the issues may be that most F customers may well be coming from The Wing so they might be quite full of buffet at that point! (I always reckon that a long-haul F flight on CX necessitates at least a couple of extra hours in the gym to compensate for having about double the normal amount of food in that period!)
Old Sep 5, 2006, 1:36 am

Programs: AA 2MM - PLT, BA GGL, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
I too like the amuse bouche and always eat mine. As christep says it is much preferable to nuts in a bowl and makes you feel like you are in F right from the kick off.

As to the presentation? I think it has always been very nicely presented. On one flight from MEL it was fresh water lobster tail meat presented on the plate with the head and claws as decoration. I had more than one envious comment from the Y pax filing past me as they entered through door 1.

I do hope that the amuse bouche stays.
Old Sep 5, 2006, 2:26 am

Programs: CX MPO GO,AC Aeroplan
Originally Posted by sxc
Regarding the Amuse Bouche, although regular passengers may give it a miss, once it disappears, watch for all the posts saying "CX First service is cr.p! They don't even serve a refreshment before departure!" Sometimes the thought is more important....the amuse bouche is one of those little extras that can set aside a good airline from an excellent one.
hahaha, I'm quite sure it will be the case, once the new trail turn out to be a permanent change

Originally Posted by christep
One of the issues may be that most F customers may well be coming from The Wing so they might be quite full of buffet at that point!
Maybe...cos one time I saw a pax to YVR only had a couple of drinks and nuts thru out the flight and slept most of the time till arrival, and declined all offer from the crew becos he calimed he had to much food from the lounge...

Originally Posted by Moomba
As to the presentation? I think it has always been very nicely presented. On one flight from MEL it was fresh water lobster tail meat presented on the plate with the head and claws as decoration. I had more than one envious comment from the Y pax filing past me as they entered through door 1.

I do hope that the amuse bouche stays.

and that's why there is a Frist Class......totally difference experience and I hope some good elements will be kept
Old Sep 5, 2006, 4:58 am
Suspended

I generally find that seafood Amuse Bouche (eg. the Lobster) is much better than the vegetarian ones. I really hope they keep it. I don't think SQ offers amuse bouche on the ground.

Serving nuts is just to normal with drinks.

I must say only after travelling on CX I know what is an Amuse Bouche and now on Friday night drinks I always piss off my collegaues demanding amuse bouche, which drives them crazy!
Old Sep 5, 2006, 11:05 pm

Programs: UA, AA, VS
Originally Posted by agmhkg
hahaha, I'm quite sure it will be the case, once the new trail turn out to be a permanent change

Maybe...cos one time I saw a pax to YVR only had a couple of drinks and nuts thru out the flight and slept most of the time till arrival, and declined all offer from the crew becos he calimed he had to much food from the lounge...

and that's why there is a Frist Class......totally difference experience and I hope some good elements will be kept

uhoh - I will be travelling SFO-HKG in F around the end of Sepetember, returning early October. Are there any more unpleasant (or pleasant) surprised I should brace myself for during this trial period? I thought September was meant to be THE month of the 60th anniversary, so I was hoping for addtional service rather than reductions in service!

ps - is it true you have to make up your own bed on CX (unlike SQ where it's done for you) ?
Old Sep 5, 2006, 11:11 pm

Programs: CX MPO GO,AC Aeroplan
Originally Posted by luckychucky
uhoh - I will be travelling SFO-HKG in F around the end of Sepetember, returning early October. Are there any more unpleasant (or pleasant) surprised I should brace myself for during this trial period? I thought September was meant to be THE month of the 60th anniversary, so I was hoping for addtional service rather than reductions in service!

ps - is it true you have to make up your own bed on CX (unlike SQ where it's done for you) ?
Hopefully on your way back...things shd be back to normal

since CX doen't hv an extra mattress so once u recline the seat to 180 flat...it a bed...and the F/A will hand u the duvet and cover for you unless u decline this offer
Old Sep 6, 2006, 1:51 am

Programs: SQ TPP28, CX DM, DL P, GA CB, WOH LGLOB, HH D, MB G, Hertz P
I don't use the mattress in SQ F as it makes me too warm. Their seat is more comfortable than CX F seat in the bed mode anyway. However, CX's duvet is the one to beat.
Old Sep 6, 2006, 6:43 am

Programs: CX, TG, SPG all back to base.
Originally Posted by luckychucky
I've certainly never had to make my own bed on CX; indeed if the cabin is only, say, half-full, an FA will make up another seat into a bed so I can have both.
Old Sep 6, 2006, 7:32 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Originally Posted by Meerkat
I've certainly never had to make my own bed on CX; indeed if the cabin is only, say, half-full, an FA will make up another seat into a bed so I can have both.
That is one of the things I love about CX, the airline encourages the staff to watch and learn. About 5 years ago I did that on a CX flight (used the duvet as a mattress pad, and set up the bed in the adjacent F seat), and the staff all gathered around and said what a good idea ... within a few months, lots of other crews knew about it.

I've seen CX do this over and over again (while other airlines simply do not do this): amend the service based on some improvement. Of course sometimes the changes, like eliminating the amuse bouche, are a bit more controversial.
Old Sep 10, 2006, 11:00 pm

I took CX881 LAX-HKG Sunday night.

The flight attendant asked me my feedback as they were taking comments from passengers regarding the new caviar/salmon cart service offered before the menus.

She said the crew didn't like it as it took much longer to do the service.

I told her I agree and preferred the old way.

I ordered the rice hot pot after they had cleared the caviar and it takes quite a while for it to cook. She agreed and said one of the attendants would have been working on this while the other did the service if they were allowed to do the old method and pass menus and take orders before the caviar/salmon cart.
Old Sep 11, 2006, 1:10 am

Amuse Bouche

Uh, CX881 leaves in the morning so would that Monday morning?

Did they have the Amuse Bouche on your flight or not? I've always enjoyed it and felt it made the "F" experience. I've never noticed anyone turning it down.

It is upsetting to think that CX is starting to cut back on F class service and dropping Amuse Bouche is a cut back. We saw so many cuts after SARS that have not come back.

Also, I don't understand the change about the caviar service. They still serve the salmon/caviar before the meal service so what is the difference here?
Old Sep 11, 2006, 3:35 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by paisan96

Also, I don't understand the change about the caviar service. They still serve the salmon/caviar before the meal service so what is the difference here?
I think what CX wants to do is to treat the Caviar and Balik Salmon more of a cocktail snack (a la Amuse Bouche) and get rid of the existing Amuse Bouche.

I think it is stupid the way the are trying to do it this way as the crew commented.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.