Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Vol Downgrade Compensation. For you or your Employer ??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Vol Downgrade Compensation. For you or your Employer ??

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2008, 6:52 pm

Programs: QF SG(LTS) - AA LTG(1MM)
Originally Posted by whughes3
Where I work, we now have to hand in our boarding passes as part of our travel expense claims, apparently in reaction to a few cases where this sort of thing has occurred. I tend to agree with B Watson: it's really tantamount to stealing.
On another forum we have had a discussion of the merits of AA commencing the use of paperless boarding passes.... I pointed out a couple of potential problems to which the main response was - They'll work it out. The above company might be in a bit of a bother without paper.

While the current environment prevails, I suspect most people would simply grin and bear it - however the original employment agreement most likely is for normal business hours five days a week. A number of people have expressed the opinion that they do not fly for the company on their own time (without a reasonable quid pro quo).

There is not a good answer to the question. Except to find another company, start one yourself, or work to get an acceptable travel policy.

Disclaimer:: At this point I pay for all my own (and it is leisure) travel

Fred
Old Nov 23, 2008, 8:11 pm

Programs: CX Diamond
i would suggest he speak to his employer and say although i'm entitled to J, i got $$ for sitting in Y, and so I would like to return 1/2 of it to the company. Agreed the traveller is not the owner or paid for the ticket, but he was entitled by the company to sit in J. So the employer already paid the ticket and so this way the employer got back something already is rewarding and also shows that the employee is loyal to the company.

Plus no guilty or hard feelings....as both sides are happy......

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.