Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Flight Disappeared from Cathay Website - does that imply cancelled? CX466 16MAY2024

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flight Disappeared from Cathay Website - does that imply cancelled? CX466 16MAY2024

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2024, 12:37 am

Programs: JL Diamond, CX Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by ethanaviation
Another inconvenience factor is that a benefit of my credit card is airport pickup, though the any changes/flight number must be confirmed 5 business days beforehand, so if CX cancels last minute I'll have to pay for an expensive taxi out of pocket too
Why do you think CX need to cover you this?
You can fly 25 minutes earlier or 55 minutes late.
JordanWalker and Reply1984 like this.
Old May 9, 2024, 8:26 am

Programs: Qantas (Lifetime Gold), PAL (Elite), British Airways (now sadly blue), Cathay MPO DM
Originally Posted by fakecd
in these sitiation i have written to CX (via comments on feedback) saying this is fraud and i report them to Consumer Council of Hk for investigation unless they let me cancel. they effectively made up their mind not to fly but not cancelling which entitles passenger to refunds and hold onto your cash longer. Once i file those written stroongly worded comments i usually had no issue they extend "goodwill gesture" to cancel without admittance of guilt.

i am not a troublsome pax. but i stand up to my rights when needed.
I note today that Qantas has paid a 100 million dollar fine for doing exactly this. We need some regulation with teeth.
Old May 9, 2024, 7:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by fairhsa
I note today that Qantas has paid a 100 million dollar fine for doing exactly this. We need some regulation with teeth.
It seems to me that QF situation was quite different.
It kept selling tickets on flights that were already cancelled, sometimes weeks are the cancellation.
CX simply zeroes out the flight that it might/expect cancel. SO it stops selling tickets well before cancelation, as opposed to QF
Old May 19, 2024, 8:22 am

Programs: JL Diamond, CX Gold, HH Gold
This is an update from a Top Tier Asia Miles member:
CX466 was operated on 16 May 2024.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.