Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

How soon do Status points and Tier get updated?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2024, 10:27 am
Original Poster

Do Status pts and Tier get updated immediately?

Eg im short 5 pts to Silver and take two transit flights on the same day, both of which give 10 pts.

The first flight will bump me to Silver.
Will i get Silver status for the 2nd flight?

Thanks
Old Apr 26, 2024, 6:16 pm

Programs: CX DM (OWE), Accor Gold
It takes one day to get the status points credited into your account. ( flying OW partners will take longer) So you won’t become SL on your second leg.
HawaiiO likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2024, 9:27 pm

Programs: CX DM (OWE), Accor Gold
Being said that, I suggest you to remove your membership number for both flights. After you complete flying , online claim missing points for the first leg. After you become SL, claim the second leg . So the status points of second leg will be credited to your new membership year. It could save you some points to maintain SL or chasing Gold.
HawaiiO likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2024, 10:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by wyskevin
Being said that, I suggest you to remove your membership number for both flights. After you complete flying , online claim missing points for the first leg. After you become SL, claim the second leg . So the status points of second leg will be credited to your new membership year. It could save you some points to maintain SL or chasing Gold.
Thank u!
Didnt know it is possible

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.