Search

JAL redemption

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2024, 4:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Cathay Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
JAL redemption

Hi everyone,

Over the past 2 years, I find that CX's redemption with JAL, especially J class (and above) are getting more scarce. Today is just another day I found that there are JAL first class availability on Alaska Airlines while CX doesn't. Does JAL not release as many seats to CX anymore? I feel so helpless, despite having over 150K AM collected.

Is it just not worth collecting Asia Miles after all? To be honest, I was trying to find YVR-HKG-TYO at first, but no availability at all. Except those crappy YVR-LGW/LHR-TYO redemption.

Old Mar 24, 2024, 7:25 pm

Originally Posted by jenkints
Hi everyone,

Over the past 2 years, I find that CX's redemption with JAL, especially J class (and above) are getting more scarce. Today is just another day I found that there are JAL first class availability on Alaska Airlines while CX doesn't. Does JAL not release as many seats to CX anymore? I feel so helpless, despite having over 150K AM collected.

Is it just not worth collecting Asia Miles after all? To be honest, I was trying to find YVR-HKG-TYO at first, but no availability at all. Except those crappy YVR-LGW/LHR-TYO redemption.

I don’t think JL17/18 is operated with F. Maybe it’s phantom seats and you can recheck award spaces via BA
oldchinahand likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.