Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cathay Pacific Seat Selection

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2024, 3:24 pm
Original Poster

Cathay Pacific Seat Selection

I’m flying from JFK to HKG in economy on a ticket booked with AA miles. I don’t have the option to select a seat on either AA or CX’s website. I called CX and they said I’ll be able to select my seat when checking in. I know that Cathay members can check in 48 hours ahead, but does this also mean I can choose my seat at this time or is this restricted to 24 hours? It’s a really long flight and I’m hoping to get an aisle seat so I don’t lose my mind
Old Mar 22, 2024, 4:12 pm

Programs: Top Tier Flyertalk Member
Originally Posted by havocwrecks
I know that Cathay members can check in 48 hours ahead, but does this also mean I can choose my seat at this time or is this restricted to 24 hours?
Well it's simple, are you a Cathay / Asia Miles member?
Old Mar 24, 2024, 9:40 am

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club
Since it's a redemption ticket you probably won't accrue miles / status points, might as well open a CX account to select seats at T-48 then change back to whichever OW program gives you status
Old Mar 24, 2024, 11:04 am

Programs: JL Diamond, CX Gold, HH Gold
Selecting an econ seat before check in requires a status or additional payment;
If you have an elite status, add your ff# to the booking via MMB and you should be able to select seats right away;
If you want to pay to select a seat, go to MMB using your PNR and name - select a seat and then pay.
oldchinahand likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.