Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Are these good seats to pick on KKG-JFK flight?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Are these good seats to pick on KKG-JFK flight?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2024, 9:02 am
Original Poster

Are these good seats to pick on HKG-JFK flight?

I have oneworld ruby ( via AA Gold ). Unfortunately I can't pick exit row as I am travelling with my kid and elderly mom. I picked the seats below but not sure if "P" means the seats have good chance of getting reassigned? Cathay says,

"Cathay Pacific Airways has designed a number of Priority Seats on this aircraft for passengers who require special assistance. Any passenger assigned to this seat is subject to reassignment at the airport if such seat is required by a qualified individual who needs special assistance."

Last edited by show_me_the_points; Mar 21, 2024 at 9:14 am
Old Mar 21, 2024, 2:19 pm

Programs: Top Tier Flyertalk Member
If someone need a baby bassinet, chances are you might be reassigned.

Honestly all the PEY seats feel the same and just as good - even the middle seats. Especially if you're travelling in a party of 3.
Old Mar 22, 2024, 4:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
I am not sure how you could select Extra legroom and Preferred seats as OW ruby. Maybe you paid for them or CX IT bugged as you need to be at least OW sapphire to get them for free.
P stands for Preferred seats not priority seats for special assistance. But 32HK are usually reserved for bassinet. If a family of 2 with a baby travels you might be kicked out.
Old Mar 22, 2024, 5:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
AFAIK, P does not denote preferred seats or any special/better seats that only certain elites can select. It has always denoted priority seats and carried that caveat/warning OP posted, but how CX determines that they need to reassign those seats is a mystery, at least to me. I've sat in those seats countless times, including bassinet rows, and never been booted (except for op-ups ).
Old Mar 26, 2024, 3:40 am

Programs: Cathay Lifetime Diamond
You Are probably 90% 'safe' - in many flights i have never been moved.
Old Mar 26, 2024, 6:00 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
I actually like back row. B or H if by myself, or AB/HK if with the missus.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.