Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

CX food choices - how fast do they run out between different classes?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CX food choices - how fast do they run out between different classes?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2024, 7:45 am

Programs: CX GO, CA GO
Originally Posted by somemale
Post covid travel as GO in PEY; ran out of meal choice on both outbound and inbound long haul flights.
damn
ive only experienced similarly in long haul J flights. And its always only down by 1 option.
Old Apr 7, 2024, 3:48 am

Programs: UA:1K MM, AF:FB-Platinum; QR: PC Platinum, FI: Saga Gold
I just made my advance selection for an upcoming flight. (First time flying Cathay in ages.)

I was surprised to see the Cheeseburger being listed as one of the choices for the main meal. I thought this was considered more a mid-flight snack?

Braniff
Old Apr 7, 2024, 4:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

Likewise on my CX254 LHR to HKG next weekend, the cheeseburger made an appearance
I have gone for the chicken breast myself

Regards

TBS
Old Apr 7, 2024, 4:05 am

Well CX basically adds the whole mid-flight refreshment menu to the selection of main courses on their lunch/dinner/supper service.
The amount of choices look huge for those non-frequent fliers, and if someone chooses wonton noodles or burger for main meals, they then don't need to load a "real" main course, and then they save money cost-wise. I presume the burger costs less than a typical business class main course.

But I presume someone on a late night flight may prefer a lighter dish too.

Carfield
The _Banking_Scot likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.