Search

A350 IFE and Bluetooth Headphones

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2024, 5:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, ALL Gold
A350 IFE and Bluetooth Headphones

Hi folks,

I generally do not use the IFE and just bring an iPad loaded with movies to watch, but just wondering does Cathay's A350 have bluetooth headphone connectivity on their IFE?

I am thinking of actually checking out the content next time I fly with them and would rather use my earphones (I dislike headphones nowadays). I know some other planes have this feature and wondered if Cathay did the same.

Thanks!
gwang0618 likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2024, 5:52 pm

Programs: CX GO, CA GO
Originally Posted by dreamingbeyond
Hi folks,

I generally do not use the IFE and just bring an iPad loaded with movies to watch, but just wondering does Cathay's A350 have bluetooth headphone connectivity on their IFE?

I am thinking of actually checking out the content next time I fly with them and would rather use my earphones (I dislike headphones nowadays). I know some other planes have this feature and wondered if Cathay did the same.

Thanks!
it’s to become available with the aria suite. As of now, no CX planes offer this yet. 777-300er is the first aircraft type for CX to offer this compatibility.
dreamingbeyond likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2024, 6:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, ALL Gold
Originally Posted by gwang0618
it’s to become available with the aria suite. As of now, no CX planes offer this yet. 777-300er is the first aircraft type for CX to offer this compatibility.
That's a shame, thought CX would have had it on their latest planes. I think I might stick to my iPad - unfortunately wireless airbuds don't have anywhere to plug in!
Old Mar 11, 2024, 6:32 pm

Programs: MPC, KF, Accor, SPG, HH
um… sorry to burst your bubble but the A321s already have bluetooth pairing.
gwang0618 and Reply1984 like this.
Old Mar 11, 2024, 6:33 pm

That's a shame, thought CX would have had it on their latest planes. I think I might stick to my iPad - unfortunately wireless airbuds don't have anywhere to plug in!
I use my Bose QC35 mk2 with a audio cable and aircraft adapter
Old Mar 11, 2024, 6:38 pm

Programs: CX GO, CA GO
Originally Posted by CXFlyerBoy
um… sorry to burst your bubble but the A321s already have bluetooth pairing.
Oh really! Sorry I was completely unaware of that, I have never been on a CX a321n yet. They don't really serve any of their major destinations with this aircraft except TaiPei. In NS24 I think there might be a daily flight with it to PEK so I can try it out then.
Old Mar 11, 2024, 8:37 pm

Programs: Top Tier Flyertalk Member
All you need is a $20 adapter. A lot less on Taobao or your local store

Amazon Amazon
Amazon Amazon

Been using the second one on my past dozen of CX flights just perfectly fine. Got it for $4 USD on Aliexpress.
Old Mar 11, 2024, 8:40 pm

Oh really! Sorry I was completely unaware of that, I have never been on a CX a321n yet. They don't really serve any of their major destinations with this aircraft except TaiPei. In NS24 I think there might be a daily flight with it to PEK so I can try it out then.
Manila gets 2x daily A321
djsflynn likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2024, 8:49 pm

Programs: Cathay GO, Marriott GO
Originally Posted by CXFlyerBoy
Manila gets 2x daily A321
Also BKK gets one daily A321.
djsflynn likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2024, 5:51 pm

That's a shame, thought CX would have had it on their latest planes.
It is on Cathay's latest planes, those being the A321neos. Bear in mind that the A350s arrived in 2016, which means the seat+IFE package would have been locked in 2014, at which time IFE with Bluetooth audio streaming wasn't available, it'd still have been in development. There are several challenges with this tech which required a degree of testing and 'maturity'.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.