Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A330-300 to Boeing 777-300 Regional

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2024, 2:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Marriott Platinum Elite, World of Hyatt Globalist
A330-300 to Boeing 777-300 Regional

Hey all,

I’m traveling from TPE-KIX on CX564 in April and booked J to treat me and my partner, but recently noticed my equipment changed from an A330-300 with typical lie flat reverse herringbone seats to the regional Boeing 777-300 configuration with 2-3-2 business class seats 😭

For such a short flight, it’s really not that big of a deal but I was excited to try a new business class product. From looking at recent CX564 flights, it looks like they’re using B773 going forward, does anyone know if there was some official announcement of this?

Is it possible to get a full refund (not just credit since I don’t typically fly CX since I live in the US) for an equipment change? I’d rather spend a bit more and try Starlux or EVA’s business class.

Thank you!
gwang0618 likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2024, 2:49 am

No chance - your ticket is for a flight and a class. It doesn't specify aircraft type/configuration.
Old Mar 9, 2024, 4:48 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Nope, pure and simple. Unless of course you booked a fully refundable fare.
DiamondMile likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2024, 7:08 am

Programs: CX DM
Did the departure flight time of CX564 change (compared to your original itinerary, which is the time shown the when you paid for the flights)?
Just call Cathay to offer you a full refund if that happens. Even a 5-minute change can do.
cfischer likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2024, 11:58 am

Programs: Alaska Airlines MVP Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by WaterBottle18
Hey all,

I’m traveling from TPE-KIX on CX564 in April and booked J to treat me and my partner, but recently noticed my equipment changed from an A330-300 with typical lie flat reverse herringbone seats to the regional Boeing 777-300 configuration with 2-3-2 business class seats 😭

For such a short flight, it’s really not that big of a deal but I was excited to try a new business class product. From looking at recent CX564 flights, it looks like they’re using B773 going forward, does anyone know if there was some official announcement of this?

Is it possible to get a full refund (not just credit since I don’t typically fly CX since I live in the US) for an equipment change? I’d rather spend a bit more and try Starlux or EVA’s business class.

Thank you!
oh noooo 😞 i am also booked on this flight

i didn’t even realise so thank you for making me check because I also see the plane configuration change sigh
Old Mar 9, 2024, 12:41 pm

Do schedule changes happen with aircraft swaps or will they update later?
Old Mar 9, 2024, 2:16 pm

Programs: CX Diamond (OW Emerald), former SQ Krisflyer Gold
Seems that CX loaded the aircraft configurations for the summer schedule in the last few days.

The aircraft that is now showing is the one that you're likely to have on the day.
gwang0618 likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2024, 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by WaterBottle18
Hey all,

Thank you!
The only regular Japan flight with A330 flat bed business class (33E and 33J) is the Fukuoka flight CX588/589 but even occasionally its swapped with an A350-900, so CX564 is most likely originally to have been a 33P (with regional business) anyway, so swapping it to a B773 isn't going to make much difference anyway in terms of product offering and it's the typical aircraft they use as well on the CX450/451 between HKG-TPE-NRT
fakecd likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2024, 5:00 pm

Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.
lets all calm down. flight time is just 2hours. is it worth all the life and death despair here
Old Mar 9, 2024, 10:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Marriott Platinum Elite, World of Hyatt Globalist
Thanks for all the info everyone, very helpful! Yeah it's a bit of a bummer since I was really looking forward to trying CX's long-haul business class, but not too big of a deal. Hopefully will get to one day!
gwang0618 likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2024, 10:34 pm

Programs: CX DM
Originally Posted by czmuac;[url=tel:36066673
36066673[/url]]Do schedule changes happen with aircraft swaps or will they update later?
The NS24 timetable was published a few days before the aircraft list is fixed. However, there is still a large possibility that they will change your A/C on the day you fly, especially on short haul routes.
gwang0618 likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2024, 1:33 pm
Git

Programs: AC 35K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by midlevels
Seems that CX loaded the aircraft configurations for the summer schedule in the last few days.
What date does the summer schedule go until? I have a planned flight in October and wondering if the flight schedule now is reliable.
If not, when does the autumn/winter schedule usually get released?

Ideally I want to avoid what happened to OP, haha.
Old Mar 11, 2024, 3:18 pm

Programs: QF WP, VA
Originally Posted by henryc41
Did the departure flight time of CX564 change (compared to your original itinerary, which is the time shown the when you paid for the flights)?
Just call Cathay to offer you a full refund if that happens. Even a 5-minute change can do.
Touche!

In my case, i think the 5min change was also caused by a change in equipment. 777 is 5mins slower than an A359....
Old Mar 11, 2024, 6:31 pm

Two of my upcoming flights (both are CX 472 in Apr and May, respectively) just changed from A330 flatbed to an A321.

Last edited by Fly Me To The Moon; Mar 12, 2024 at 1:13 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.