Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Marriott Preferred Partnership With Cathay

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Preferred Partnership With Cathay

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2024, 3:27 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by tobiashenry
still hmmm i suspect i have different name on CX and Marriott:

I go with First Name - Last Name in Marriott but in AM it also includes my Chinese name.... not sure if that's the reason why it doesn't work...

Oops. Try Again.

An error has occurred — please try again or contact Member Support.

You can also explore hotels and resorts at marriott.com or explore the benefits of our airline partnerships.
Full name matches needed, at least for Marriott—>Cathay
Old Feb 26, 2024, 3:33 am

Programs: TK Gold
Originally Posted by percysmith
Full name matches needed, at least for Marriott—>Cathay
Let's say my name is Bruce Lee
but on CX it's Lee Bruce Siu Lung

so who should i contact - marriott or CX?

Plus I dont have any CX flight in the near future - i just fear the quota could be shut capaciously and by the time I have CX flights and it cannot match the status...
Old Feb 26, 2024, 3:40 am

I assume CX matches your docs name, or at least one of them (that'a the tricky part).

If you're keen on the match then I suggest it will be Marriott who has to change. I don't know whether Marriott has a facility to change your membership name on submission of a doc copy.
Old Feb 26, 2024, 3:45 am

I have just talked to Bonvoy CS and they changed order in my name (first Name+Family Namy into Family Name+First Name) as well as added "Mr." at the beginning. Unfortunately, it needs some time to show up on my account in new form. I hope that this time I'll be able to link both accounts.
Old Feb 26, 2024, 4:42 am

Programs: Virgin Gold, SPG Platinum, HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by hkhighflyer
The status points reset only applies if you are a CX Silver member and a Marriott Platinum/Titanium/Ambassador member, and you get upgraded to CX Gold by virtue of being a Marriott Platinum/Titanium/Ambassador member. See Clause 4.1 and 4.2 of Part B of the T&C.

Getting complimentary Marriott Gold status for a CX Silver member is stated in Part D of the T&C. It doesn't say a CX status points reset..
Thanks! Very helpful.
Old Feb 26, 2024, 4:53 am

Programs: EK Gold, *A Gold,CX Gold, 9W Plat,SPG Gold,EY Gold,Hilton Gold

This means I will still have to achieve 150 points in order to upgraded to Silver CX status Is that correct ?? Or Its directly upgraded to CX silver as soon as I link the account
Old Feb 26, 2024, 5:39 am

I managed to link my wife's account (she is CX Green). Her existing status points (she only had a few) were reset to zero. Now she has to earn 150 status points within 12 months to upgrade to Silver. Still better than having to reach 300 points as per the usual rules.
Old Feb 26, 2024, 7:12 am

Anyone else getting

“Thank You for Your Interest, but the Preferred Partnership Registration Is Now Closed”

Last edited by Bajdkotb; Feb 26, 2024 at 4:03 pm
Old Feb 26, 2024, 7:22 am

Well, I hope so, although according to Bonvoy website dedicated to this promo:

"Registration for the Marriott Bonvoy® and Cathay preferred partnership is no longer available. If you’ve already linked your accounts, you may sign in to explore your benefits".

If it's true, this offer was very disappointing
Old Feb 26, 2024, 8:51 am

I’m looking for first post to bring up how crappy the Bonvoy-Cathay match is compared to Bonvoy-KF - again Singapore is better (la)

The speed in which the limit is hit shows how much more valuable CX is compared to SQ to compatriots
abielp likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2024, 8:00 pm

Programs: CX Diamond (OW Emerald), former SQ Krisflyer Gold
I'm a CX DM who had no Marriott status. Before reading this thread and going into the status points reset I went ahead and linked the accounts around 24 hours ago.

What happened was that:

1) CX status points did not reset to zero. At least not instantly, or 24 hours later.
2) Marriott status instantly changed to Gold and nights/spend reset to zero.

If the CX status points reset to zero that would have been a disaster. I'll keep a monitor on this but hopefully that doesn't happen.
Jono_UKHK and tehbing like this.
Old Feb 26, 2024, 8:02 pm

Programs: CX GO
Originally Posted by midlevels
I'm a CX DM who had no Marriott status. Before reading this thread and going into the status points reset I went ahead and linked the accounts around 24 hours ago.

What happened was that:

1) CX status points did not reset to zero. At least not instantly, or 24 hours later.
2) Marriott status instantly changed to Gold and nights/spend reset to zero.

If the CX status points reset to zero that would have been a disaster. I'll keep a monitor on this but hopefully that doesn't happen.
Same here but CX GO. Got Marriott Gold instantly (from non status). My CX points did not reset.
Old Feb 26, 2024, 8:54 pm

Programs: AC SE 100K, Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold
If they reset the points to zero do they also reset the anniversary date for your status points?

My status points reset in August, I’ll likely get the 150 points by then for silver, but have a good shot at making gold if they restart the clock as well and give a full 12 months.
Old Feb 26, 2024, 9:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by percysmith
I’m looking for first post to bring up how crappy the Bonvoy-Cathay match is compared to Bonvoy-KF - again Singapore is better (la)

The speed in which the limit is hit shows how much more valuable CX is compared to SQ to compatriots
I applied for a CX status match to silver in January based upon my MU and UA status. They denied it but now I got Silver through this promotion and will easily make Gold with just 2-3 trips to SE Asia. I've also got the SQ match through Bonvoy and still haven't taken an SQ flight yet so for me CX match is much more valuable.
Old Feb 26, 2024, 11:53 pm

Programs: Thai, Cathay, Lufthansa, Delta, SPG, Hilton, IH, LHW
Let's call it fake advertisement from CX if the CX Silver was offered for less than 12 hours! I know why I was diamond with them before 2010 but just had 2 "below enjoyable" flights with them the last 5 years!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.