Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

“Elevate Your Everyday Rewards” promotion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2023, 10:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: Cathay MPC, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Domestic Airline Nobody

I received and registered for this promotion.

There are 3 goals. I'm curious if they need to be done sequentially? One of the "goals" is to transfer points from a partner. It looks like if I transfer 12,000 points or more from AMEX, that I'll get 6,000 bonus points.

What is not clear is if they need to be done sequentially. For example, do I need to complete goals 1 & 2 before I can do goal 3? It was not clear in the T's & C's.

Terms & conditions:
  1. This offer is applicable to selected members who directly received the offer issued by Cathay Pacific Airways Limited and cannot be transferred.
  2. This offer is applicable between 30 November 2023 and 31 January 2024 (GMT+8), both dates inclusive (the "promotional period").
  3. To participate in this promotion, members must register and make transactions using regular miles earned with eligible partners (“eligible transactions”) during the promotional period.
  4. Members are only entitled to bonus miles once during the promotional period, and the bonus miles earned across Goals 1 - 3 are as follows:

• Goal 1: Members will receive a one-off bonus 500 upon two eligible transactions.

• Goal 2: Members will receive a one-off bonus 2,000 upon accumulated earnings of 5,000-11,999 eligible miles.

• Goal 3: Members will receive a one-off bonus 6,000 upon accumulated earnings of 12,000 miles or more.
  5. The miles earned from eligible transactions must be credited to the member's account on or before 29 February 2024. The crediting period for earned miles will vary among partners.
  6. Transactions on cathay.com/shop-online-partners are not considered as eligible transactions for this promotion.
  7. Miles accrual transactions from daily wellness goals on Asia Miles by Cathay App are not considered as eligible transactions for this promotion.
  8. Bonus miles will be credited to the successfully registered member’s account by 31 March 2024 at the latest.
  9. Cathay Pacific Airways Limited reserves the right to alter or terminate the promotion and amend the terms and conditions at any time without prior notice.
  10. In case of disputes, the decision of Cathay Pacific Airways Limited is final.
  11. Other Cathay Pacific Airways Limited terms and conditions apply.
Old Jan 8, 2024, 12:34 pm

Applied for the new Neo Cathay Pacific credit card for Canada. I am hoping the welcome bonus will trigger Goal #3. Will see.
Old Jan 8, 2024, 4:35 pm

No need to do sequentially. As I understand it, 2 transfers totalling more than 12,000 Asia Miles will earn 500 + 6,000 bonus.

And it would appear this promo is stackable with the 10% Cathay transfer bonus too. Good deal… but only for folks resident outside HK.
Old Jan 8, 2024, 8:35 pm

Programs: AC, AS, BA Silver/OW Sapphire, DL, SQ/*A Silver, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Gongzuokuang
I received and registered for this promotion.

There are 3 goals. I'm curious if they need to be done sequentially? One of the "goals" is to transfer points from a partner. It looks like if I transfer 12,000 points or more from AMEX, that I'll get 6,000 bonus points.

What is not clear is if they need to be done sequentially. For example, do I need to complete goals 1 & 2 before I can do goal 3? It was not clear in the T's & C's.

Terms & conditions:
  1. This offer is applicable to selected members who directly received the offer issued by Cathay Pacific Airways Limited and cannot be transferred.
  2. This offer is applicable between 30 November 2023 and 31 January 2024 (GMT+8), both dates inclusive (the "promotional period").
  3. To participate in this promotion, members must register and make transactions using regular miles earned with eligible partners (“eligible transactions”) during the promotional period.
  4. Members are only entitled to bonus miles once during the promotional period, and the bonus miles earned across Goals 1 - 3 are as follows:

• Goal 1: Members will receive a one-off bonus 500 upon two eligible transactions.

• Goal 2: Members will receive a one-off bonus 2,000 upon accumulated earnings of 5,000-11,999 eligible miles.

• Goal 3: Members will receive a one-off bonus 6,000 upon accumulated earnings of 12,000 miles or more.
  5. The miles earned from eligible transactions must be credited to the member's account on or before 29 February 2024. The crediting period for earned miles will vary among partners.
  6. Transactions on cathay.com/shop-online-partners are not considered as eligible transactions for this promotion.
  7. Miles accrual transactions from daily wellness goals on Asia Miles by Cathay App are not considered as eligible transactions for this promotion.
  8. Bonus miles will be credited to the successfully registered member’s account by 31 March 2024 at the latest.
  9. Cathay Pacific Airways Limited reserves the right to alter or terminate the promotion and amend the terms and conditions at any time without prior notice.
  10. In case of disputes, the decision of Cathay Pacific Airways Limited is final.
  11. Other Cathay Pacific Airways Limited terms and conditions apply.
Thank you for asking, was wondering the same. My offer was 500 Asia Miles after ONE transaction yet Goal 3 would entail 4000 miles bonus after 5000 miles or more total transactions...

Does it mean that one transaction (say converting credit card points to AM) of 5000 miles would trigger the entire 4000 miles bonus?
Old Jan 13, 2024, 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by Doors Closing
Thank you for asking, was wondering the same. My offer was 500 Asia Miles after ONE transaction yet Goal 3 would entail 4000 miles bonus after 5000 miles or more total transactions...

Does it mean that one transaction (say converting credit card points to AM) of 5000 miles would trigger the entire 4000 miles bonus?
Seems to be so. What it effectively means is that if your single transaction doesn't hit 5,000 Asia Miles then you need more than one transaction to get the bonus.
Old Mar 14, 2024, 10:19 pm

Received the 8500 AM today.
Description is "2023 Q4 ME Campaign"
Old Apr 13, 2024, 12:00 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum Elite, CX Silver, OW Ruby, Travala Smart Diamond
I also received my 8500 miles, however pax 2 (exact same flights during promo period) who also signed up for the campaign and had identical earning activity during the promo period only received 3500 miles. Cathay support insists the promo was only for 3500 miles. Very strange. The only difference was the sign-up date I believe. Pax 2 signed up Dec 6 and I signed up Nov 30. Did they reduce the offer for people who signed up in December or something?
Old Apr 14, 2024, 7:09 am

Originally Posted by ultrawin
Received the 8500 AM today.
Description is "2023 Q4 ME Campaign"
Received 8,500 miles too by transferring 2 transactions totalling 12,000 AM.

Initially I thought you EITHER trigger Goal 2 OR Goal 3, depending on the total amount transferred. Instead Goal 2 and Goal 3 appear to be stackable / cumulative.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.