Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rosewood collaboration at Pier F

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2023, 2:55 am

Programs: Frantic Hilton/Marriott runs
Originally Posted by oldchinahand
So how does this equate with the business class cabins being over 90% full ?
Not all J customers have access to the F lounge. And some of them may hopefully be waylaid in the cabanas at Wing F?

Btw could anyone share what they think of the food in this special Rosewood menu? So far from the scuttlebutt I've heard, the overrall response seems to be "meh" and "I rather stick to dan dan noodles"
Old Dec 6, 2023, 6:11 am

Don't see Rosewood to be particularly strong on F&B
oldchinahand likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2023, 7:49 am

Originally Posted by wong2370
Don't see Rosewood to be particularly strong on F&B
Agreed, it's still a strong F&B brand locally (in HK) I suppose but the popularity of their restaurants has fallen off a cliff post-Covid.
Old Dec 6, 2023, 7:47 pm

Programs: CX DM, SQ KFG, Marriott Plat, AccorG
Originally Posted by Alawyer
Not all J customers have access to the F lounge. And some of them may hopefully be waylaid in the cabanas at Wing F?

Btw could anyone share what they think of the food in this special Rosewood menu? So far from the scuttlebutt I've heard, the overrall response seems to be "meh" and "I rather stick to dan dan noodles"
It was OK. I was hungry. It was edible. I should say that I ordered more food as I was still unsatisfied after the three courses (Portions a bit tiny? Or was I really hungry?) I think in general the quantity and taste of most of the food items are alright, if unmemorable. I certainly don't think and dream about the next time I can pass by and taste the food in Pier F again. The exception might be the Wagyu Burger. My two companions both had it and they're expressing their delight days after, wishing to be invited again. Hmmm...
Old Mar 23, 2024, 1:13 am

Programs: AA 3MM EXP, SQ Solitaire, LH SEN, CX DM, Hyatt CC, Marriott LT Titanium
Tried the new Rosewood Legacy House menu at Pier First Class Lounge.

My overall comments is that it's definitely an improvement compared to the regular menu. But some items are more fussy than they need to be.

Soup: better than the regular Chinese soup.
Abalone and tofu: both taste good and interest contrast of texture, but need eat separately since if you try to cut the abalone, it will squash the tofu.
Prawn and rice cracker. Good taste, but only 1 prawn is not enough. Also the bowl of rice is not needed since the rice cracker is sufficient already.
Dessert: taste is fine, but can make it more thick.

If they continue to do collaboration with Rosewood, I would suggest the just do some more simple dishes from Holts Cafe.. Something like their baked pork chop rice will be a crowd pleaser IMHO...

wyskevin and EDDLEGLL like this.
Old Mar 23, 2024, 3:12 am

Programs: BA Gold, Sixt Platinum
Do you know if there is also a special menu for breakfast service?
Old Mar 23, 2024, 4:16 am

Programs: CX DM | QR SL | Bonvoy Platinum | Hilton Gold
Does anyone know when the menu is served? After breakfast, ie after 11am?
Old Mar 23, 2024, 5:53 pm

Programs: BA Gold, ALL Gold
Spoiler

How was the abalone? I had it once and I can't lie, I was not a fan of it, albeit I did have it as sashimi.
Old Mar 23, 2024, 6:24 pm

Programs: AA 3MM EXP, SQ Solitaire, LH SEN, CX DM, Hyatt CC, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by EDDLEGLL
Do you know if there is also a special menu for breakfast service?
No special menu for breakfast when I came through 3 weeks ago during breakfast service...
Old Mar 23, 2024, 6:26 pm

Originally Posted by dreamingbeyond
Spoiler

How was the abalone? I had it once and I can't lie, I was not a fan of it, albeit I did have it as sashimi.
I liked it.. the texture was firm and did not feel it came out of a can.. In fact, would say that was the highlight of the menu..
dreamingbeyond likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2024, 8:57 pm

Programs: OZ & BA Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott & Accor Plat
Thank you for sharing the photos!

The new menu looks disappointing & limited... the cocktail looks okay but the food looks terrible
dreamingbeyond likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2024, 9:14 pm

Programs: BA Gold, ALL Gold
Originally Posted by tfung
I liked it.. the texture was firm and did not feel it came out of a can.. In fact, would say that was the highlight of the menu..
As an abalone-avoider this doesn't really make the menu sound all that great to me.

Also, at an F lounge, it not feeling like it came out of a can is the bare minimum!
Bobdh13 likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2024, 4:36 am

I like the Western menu better plus I am really not a fan of the "Legacy House," which is overpriced average Chinese food in a pretentious setting.
Other Rosewood restaurants are better.

The breakfast menu is actually quite underwhelming at the Pier and they really need to try harder.

Carfield
Bobdh13 likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2024, 6:24 pm

Programs: Frantic Hilton/Marriott runs
Originally Posted by Carfield
The breakfast menu is actually quite underwhelming at the Pier and they really need to try harder.
No plans for that anytime soon despite record profits. CX will be sticking to their "prudent spending, declining to offer passengers perks such as discounts on tickets amid growing calls for the company to give back to the community".
I am not expecting the wine list or menu to improve any time soon.
Old Mar 29, 2024, 9:20 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club, CX Asia Miles, FlyingBlue, TrueBlue
Originally Posted by Alawyer
No plans for that anytime soon despite record profits. CX will be sticking to their "prudent spending, declining to offer passengers perks such as discounts on tickets amid growing calls for the company to give back to the community".
I am not expecting the wine list or menu to improve any time soon.
That story was mostly about ticket discounts. I wouldn't be surprised if they keep taking care of their elite passengers while keeping prices relatively high for those of us who more often fly steerage. After all, they've rolled out more than one Michelin restaurant collaboration in the last few months...
VE105 and gwang0618 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.