Old Nov 24, 2023, 4:15 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Rosewood collaboration at Pier F

Not much details other than this post on X

https://x.com/cathaypacific/status/1727995109990629684

Refined hospitality, twice redefined.

Embark on an exquisite culinary journey as Cathay Pacific partners with #RosewoodHongKong to elevate your dining experience at The Pier, First Class lounge... The brand-new partnership will make all the difference in the detail. Stay tuned!
Old Nov 24, 2023, 5:14 am

I will be at Pier F tomorrow, but I think I will need to "stay tuned". I doubt anything has started yet.
Old Nov 24, 2023, 9:15 pm

Programs: AA 3MM EXP, SQ Solitaire, LH SEN, CX DM, Hyatt CC, Marriott LT Titanium
I will be there also this afternoon.. Will try to enquire more.. But I'm going to guess probably won't be till after New Years...
Old Nov 25, 2023, 12:25 am

Programs: AA 3MM EXP, SQ Solitaire, LH SEN, CX DM, Hyatt CC, Marriott LT Titanium
Just spoke to some of the staff at the Pier First Class dining room.. They told me that the Rosewood people are already there, and started to look some of the changes they want to do... But regarding a new menu, they don't know when that will happen yet..

The staff seems excited for the changes.. Even thanked me for taking an interest to the changes that are coming..
SKT-DK and VE105 like this.
Old Nov 26, 2023, 12:38 am

What exactly, are some of the changes?
Old Nov 28, 2023, 9:24 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
Sodexo out, Rosewood in? Yes please!
Old Nov 28, 2023, 10:51 am

Basically, everything remains the same as it is now, the regular food and drink menu won‘t change.
However, there will be an additional three course Italian tasting menu and a special drink menu offered in addition by Rosewood HK. That‘s it all about, no other changes as of now.
They will be only available in Pier First, but has not yet started, but will be available very soon, after some last adjustments between Sodexo and Rosewood.
These will be the special food and drink menus:

Old Nov 28, 2023, 9:41 pm

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Well, it's a nice touch to have something "special" in a first class lounge that wants to differentiate itself – but I'd rather have a HK style tasting menu once I am in HK rather than Italian food.
Old Nov 29, 2023, 3:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by lkrt
Well, it's a nice touch to have something "special" in a first class lounge that wants to differentiate itself – but I'd rather have a HK style tasting menu once I am in HK rather than Italian food.
There are other Asian dishes which I quite enjoy They are small portions and you can order all you want.This italian series is in addition..
oldchinahand likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2023, 5:51 am
MPC

Programs: CX DM, SPG PLT, Accor PLT, IHG PLT AMB, Hyatt DM, HH DM
Trying the rosewood menu

be frank , the items in the menu is very ordinary
eventually I need to order the cheese burger which is the best among all

HawaiiO and dw like this.
Old Dec 2, 2023, 2:39 pm
Suspended

I was there last Friday. Yet again the whole F peir lounge was empty. Foof was good and the bar tender was great as always. But its obvious, they are not getting the premium travellers like they used to. They were too slow and too late and have lost massive penertration in the premium market
zip10001 and HarbourGent like this.
Old Dec 2, 2023, 10:51 pm

Originally Posted by leosantos
I was there last Friday. Yet again the whole F peir lounge was empty. Foof was good and the bar tender was great as always. But its obvious, they are not getting the premium travellers like they used to. They were too slow and too late and have lost massive penertration in the premium market
Compared with pre-Covid, there are far fewer flights with F class.
Also, I think many frequent flyers who aren't really into aviation and lounge experience would prefer Wing F rather than Pier F due to the former's location is more convenient. I visited Wing F 2 weeks ago and it was quite full, and I visited Pier F one week later at a similar time but it was much emptier (also contributed by the fact that Pier F is massive!).
djsflynn likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2023, 11:09 pm

Programs: CX DM, SQ KFG, Marriott Plat, AccorG
I am in Pier F now, Sunday 2pm and it's a zoo. Only 3 tables free in the dining room. So I guess it depends?
djsflynn likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2023, 4:52 pm

Originally Posted by lkrt
Don’t give them any ideas… lest they extend the mediocre Duddles greasy stuff into the lounge as a tasting menu.
Old Dec 6, 2023, 12:05 am

Programs: Cathay Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by leosantos
So how does this equate with the business class cabins being over 90% full ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.