Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Will my ticket be cancelled if I miss connection

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2023, 1:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: Centurion, Virgin Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium

I plan on flying DXB < > CAN via HKG.

If I get off at HKG and don't carry on my journey to CAN, will my return flight from CAN be cancelled? (Due to the connection time, I plan on just taking the train to Guangzhou from HKG instead of waiting for the connection)

Thanks

Last edited by controlz; Sep 26, 2023 at 2:05 am
Old Sep 26, 2023, 2:42 am

Programs: Top Tier Flyertalk Member
Yes of course.

Just the same as any other airline in the world.
orbitmic and DiamondMile like this.
Old Sep 26, 2023, 8:22 am

Programs: MPC GO, SPG/Marriott Gold
Yes it will be.
Old Sep 26, 2023, 11:51 am

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by controlz
I plan on flying DXB < > CAN via HKG.

If I get off at HKG and don't carry on my journey to CAN, will my return flight from CAN be cancelled? (Due to the connection time, I plan on just taking the train to Guangzhou from HKG instead of waiting for the connection)

Thanks
As others have said, you will not be able to use your inbound if you do that.
Is DXB-HKG//CAN-x/HKG-DXB significantly more expensive?
Old Sep 26, 2023, 9:00 pm

One solution may be to calling to see whether the itinerary can be changed to DXB-HKG-PFT. PFT is the ferry terminal in central Guangzhou - much more convenient, assuming you are heading to city centre/canton fair and stuff. The connection works perfectly and you will be in central Guangzhou at 2pm... You don't need to clear anything in HKG as it is "airside" transfer and luggage will be sent through - so in fact overall this is faster (and easier) than high speed rail.

Given both PFT and CAN are Guangzhou, the agent MAY be able to change for you (there may be a fare difference though).
Old Sep 27, 2023, 6:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by ernestnywang
As others have said, you will not be able to use your inbound if you do that.
Is DXB-HKG//CAN-x/HKG-DXB significantly more expensive?
Whether it is cheaper or not, doesn't really matter (though of course the chance of a passenger acting in this way increases if the ticket was purchased because they discovered that such an itinerary is much cheaper!)

Missing any part of your journey, and not immediately interfacing in some way with the airline (such as going to the transfer desk after missing a connection) will automatically lead to the cancellation or all remaining parts of the ticket - including the future return legs.
Old Sep 27, 2023, 1:31 pm

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by irishguy28
Whether it is cheaper or not, doesn't really matter (though of course the chance of a passenger acting in this way increases if the ticket was purchased because they discovered that such an itinerary is much cheaper!)

Missing any part of your journey, and not immediately interfacing in some way with the airline (such as going to the transfer desk after missing a connection) will automatically lead to the cancellation or all remaining parts of the ticket - including the future return legs.
I'm merely reminding OP that he may want to consider buying DXB-HKG//CAN-x/HKG-DXB if not significantly more expensive, though I think RALcobet's suggestion below is also great.

Originally Posted by RALcobet
One solution may be to calling to see whether the itinerary can be changed to DXB-HKG-PFT. PFT is the ferry terminal in central Guangzhou - much more convenient, assuming you are heading to city centre/canton fair and stuff. The connection works perfectly and you will be in central Guangzhou at 2pm... You don't need to clear anything in HKG as it is "airside" transfer and luggage will be sent through - so in fact overall this is faster (and easier) than high speed rail.

Given both PFT and CAN are Guangzhou, the agent MAY be able to change for you (there may be a fare difference though).
Old Oct 10, 2023, 7:21 am

Programs: MPC GO, SPG/Marriott Gold
Actually, if your ticket is ticketed in Italy, you can miss your connection and the return flight is still valid. It says in CX T&Cs.
Old Oct 10, 2023, 7:53 am

Originally Posted by hahaton2
Actually, if your ticket is ticketed in Italy, you can miss your connection and the return flight is still valid. It says in CX T&Cs.
But beware that you have to notify CX when you land in HKG and 2 hours before the ETD to CAN. Otherwise, you have to re-route the ticket by taking away the HKG-CAN sector.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.