Wiki Posts
Search

New Cathay-Neo credit card in Canada

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2023, 7:57 am
Original Poster

New Cathay-Neo credit card in Canada

From https://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...t-Card-Program

Neo Financial and Cathay Pacific have partnered to launch a new card program created for Canadian consumers who love to travel. With Canada’s only card that earns Asia Miles, customers will enjoy premium rewards at home and abroad, significant travel benefits and insurances¹, and helpful digital features in the Neo app.
Not only that, a secured option is available for newcomers to Canada with guaranteed approval² – no credit history required.
This year, Cathay Pacific celebrated its 40th anniversary of connecting Hong Kong and Canada. The first nonstop service from Hong Kong to Vancouver launched on May 1, 1983. Today, Cathay Pacific offers nonstop service from Toronto and Vancouver to Hong Kong and over 60 destinations, including 16 airports in 15 cities in the Chinese Mainland.
When the program becomes available this fall, Cathay Pacific cardholders will enjoy:
  • Welcome offer: Receive up to 45,000 Asia Miles³ – enough to cover a one-way, economy class flight from Vancouver or Toronto to Hong Kong.
  • 10% booking discount: For a limited time, get 10% off Canada-origin Cathay Pacific bookings⁴.
  • Premium rewards: Earn one Asia Mile per dollar on every purchase in Canada⁵ and double the miles on purchases outside of Canada⁶ and on Cathay Pacific flights⁷. Plus, receive an average of 5x⁸ the Asia Miles at thousands of Neo partners and up to 15x⁸ on first-time purchases.
  • Travel benefits⁹: Get priority online check-in, access to airport lounges, in-flight Wi-Fi, and unique and memorable experiences worldwide.
  • Significant insurances¹: Enjoy peace of mind with protection against flight cancellation, baggage loss, flight delay, car rental theft and damage, and more!
  • Helpful digital features: Access spending insights¹⁰, 24/7 chat support, real-time card management, and proactive alerts and notifications in the Neo app.
“Our collaboration with Cathay Pacific not only raises the bar for rewards programs, but it also reflects our commitment to providing extraordinary value to our cardholders in a way that rivals the big banks,” said Andrew Chau, CEO of Neo Financial. “With the new Cathay Pacific card in their wallet, Canadians will have the world at their fingertips, with exciting benefits tailored to their travel and lifestyle needs.”

Paul Smitton, Director Customer Lifestyle, Cathay Pacific, said, ”Our partnership with Neo Financial marks a new milestone in our commitment to serving Canadian travellers, providing greater access to Asia and beyond via Cathay’s network. This is Cathay Pacific’s first cobranded credit card partnership with a fintech. Neo’s ability to provide an instant and best-in-class financial experience for our customers aligns with Cathay Pacific’s ambitions of becoming one of the world’s greatest service brands.”
ernestnywang likes this.
Old Aug 2, 2023, 8:00 am

Can't find it on the official website yet, but wondering if "airport lounges" mean Cathay's own lounges or an external network like Plaza Premium?
  • Travel benefits⁹: Get priority online check-in, access to airport lounges, in-flight Wi-Fi, and unique and memorable experiences worldwide.
CanuckFanYYZ and user2946363 like this.
Old Aug 2, 2023, 8:41 am

Programs: AC, AS, BA Silver/OW Sapphire, DL, SQ/*A Silver, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold
A very interesting new product, which would likely see the end of RBC's CX card. Interesting to see the insurance bits, and lounge offering. Would likely also integrate Dragon P, being part of the MC WE perks.

Annual fee?

Double points on essentially FX spend and 10% off Canada-based CX flights seems great

https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_...onditions.html

It does mention the 10% off is a limited time offer yet that is what the RBC BA card says, and the limited-time offer has been extended year-by-year for at least a decade...
Old Aug 2, 2023, 10:19 am

Programs: AC E75K, *G
Got this in my E-Mail today. I'm based in Canada.
Old Aug 2, 2023, 10:55 am

I just got that email as well. If there's no annual fee, it looks pretty good.
Old Aug 2, 2023, 12:42 pm

Programs: Marriot Gold; Hilton Gold
Given the perks they've outliend, it does seem like there will be an AF
Old Aug 2, 2023, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by alwaysxoxo
I just got that email as well. If there's no annual fee, it looks pretty good.
Is that likely? I'm new to the forum and don't usually see these announcements till well after the fact, but it would sound too good to be true to me if it had no fee?
Old Aug 2, 2023, 3:22 pm

Programs: Top Tier Flyertalk Member
Originally Posted by CanuckFanYYZ
Is that likely? I'm new to the forum and don't usually see these announcements till well after the fact, but it would sound too good to be true to me if it had no fee?
$80k income means it will most likely be a World Elite MC
Which will most likely be in the range of a $149 annual fee

I highly doubt they will give a 45k (15+30k) Welcome Bonus on a FYF card.
Old Aug 2, 2023, 3:30 pm

Programs: Top Tier Flyertalk Member
Originally Posted by CX HK
Can't find it on the official website yet, but wondering if "airport lounges" mean Cathay's own lounges or an external network like Plaza Premium?
"Access to airport lounges" =/= free access to airport lounges
Note how they didn't really put this as one of the main benefit at the top, until the very end in a smaller font

Mastercard Travel Pass (by DragonPass) still require you to pay $32 USD per visit
https://mastercardtravelpass.dragonpass.com/
Old Aug 2, 2023, 6:51 pm

In the add, what does "Reserve 15,000 Asia Miles when you sign up..." mean???? Or, is it supposed to say "Receive..."?
Old Aug 3, 2023, 6:39 am

Originally Posted by Fly Me To The Moon
In the add, what does "Reserve 15,000 Asia Miles when you sign up..." mean???? Or, is it supposed to say "Receive..."?
Old Aug 3, 2023, 12:53 pm

Say bye to premium economy check in and boarding. Also no more cathay lounge redemption.
Old Aug 4, 2023, 5:18 am

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by ultrawin
Say bye to premium economy check in and boarding. Also no more cathay lounge redemption.
The CX co-brand card in Taiwan still offer all these benefits: https://www.taishinbank.com.tw/TSB/p...c-0050568c09e3. Apparently, there will be a special note associated with the GR membership for cardholders.
Old Jan 26, 2024, 11:16 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, CX MPO DM
Bonus eligibility period was changed

Still a little upset because they changed the bonus terms. At first you had to spend $3000 within 90 days after activation. It was later changed to 90 days after application. The thing is, they took more than a week to approve after application, so that cut short into the eligible period. Some people might not have been aware of the change.
Old Feb 6, 2024, 2:48 pm

Programs: United 1K, AC 50K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Platinum
Has anyone yet received their 15K points for $3K spend? I received my signup bonus immediately but reached the 3K spend a month ago and have not received my points yet. I thought it might come with my statement today but it wasn't there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.