Wiki Posts
Search

Changes coming to CX Business Plus

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2023, 9:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Changes coming to CX Business Plus

Received an email from CX Business Plus Taiwan that changes will be coming effective 15AUG with no specifics mentioned. The email simply told people to download reports before 14AUG and redeem awards after 15AUG for flights after 15AUG. I don't know if this is for all markets, but it looks this way.

即將推出全新商旅尊享計劃

親愛的商旅尊享計劃客戶您好,

國泰航空即將針對商旅尊享計劃進行全面優化升級,預計於8月推出,全新的方案內容與網頁設計,為您提供更優越的
用戶體驗。為確保貴公司的帳戶管理與獎勵派發不受系統升級影響,提醒您留意以下相關事項 :

請務必於202381418:00前完成 :

1. ​當系統升級後,您將無法查看下列資訊,請事先下載相關報表以供您核對參考:

· 已開立之機票

· 已使用之獎勵紀錄

· 商旅尊享計劃積分紀錄

2. 如果您要申請補發商旅尊享計劃積分,請按此參考常見問題

3.有關獎勵派發的部分(如享用貴賓室、航班升等) ,請您留意以下重要資訊 :

· 系統升級日後出發的行程,且尚未派發獎勵,請您於系統升級之後再進行派發,以避免對旅客造成影響。

· 系統升級日後出發的行程,同時已經完成派發獎勵,不會受到影響。若您需要變更行程,請與我們的 客戶服務團隊
聯絡。

· 尚未到期的可用獎勵,將會自動轉移至新系統中,並維持原有效期。

4. 國泰會員銀卡會籍提名,建議您於系統升級日後再派發。如需於系統升級日前使用,請務必於系統升級日前14派發,
並請您的員工立即接受提名。

全新商旅尊享計劃將於815日登場,敬請期待 !

順頌商祺
國泰航空企業商務部謹致
Old Jul 21, 2023, 8:40 pm

Programs: MPC-DM, Enrich-Plat
Good you raise this, though you are posting on an English language forum, so please include an English translation.

Looks like this is for CX Business accounts -only- and the text suggests, there will be a "cut" 14 days before Aug 15, so after Aug 1, no payload updates will migrate to the new CX Business environment.
oldchinahand likes this.
Old Jul 22, 2023, 2:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Cambo
Good you raise this, though you are posting on an English language forum, so please include an English translation.
I have already provided a summary in English at the beginning. It is true I did not include all the details in my translation, but I don't think all the specifics in the email are that relevant. If people have a Business Plus account and need to know the specifics, they got an email anyway, assuming this change applies to all markets.
djsflynn, patrickw, royng and 8 others like this.
Old Aug 7, 2023, 11:33 pm
Original Poster

Business Plus will mirror the CX membership, with both status points and AM components. I can't tell if the earning rates will be the same, though. Too good to be true if they are the same I suppose. https://businessplus.cathaypacific.c...and-conditions
Old Aug 15, 2023, 4:40 pm
Original Poster

More details are out. Business Plus account holders can earn 30~40% of the Asia Miles earned by employee travellers. The AM earned can be transferred to employees (min. 10000AM) or be used to redeem lounge pass (11000AM, same as CX élite members [but what a rip-off]) or CX SL membership (150000AM, yes you read it right, and only if status 2 or above).

For Taiwanese companies, status 2 (35% earning rate) requires 44000AM earned in the Business Plus account in a year. This means 44000/.3=146666AM earned from employee travellers. Status 3 (40% earning rate) requires a whopping 231000AM earned in the Business Plus account in a year.

It is unclear what existing Business Plus points would be converted to, if any, although I do see 1 upgrade voucher available in the Business Plus account I manage.

https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_...ness-plus.html
Old Aug 15, 2023, 6:03 pm

Programs: CX Macro polo Silver, AA platinum
Originally Posted by ernestnywang
More details are out. Business Plus account holders can earn 30~40% of the Asia Miles earned by employee travellers. The AM earned can be transferred to employees (min. 10000AM) or be used to redeem lounge pass (11000AM, same as CX élite members [but what a rip-off]) or CX SL membership (150000AM, yes you read it right, and only if status 2 or above).

For Taiwanese companies, status 2 (35% earning rate) requires 44000AM earned in the Business Plus account in a year. This means 44000/.3=146666AM earned from employee travellers. Status 3 (40% earning rate) requires a whopping 231000AM earned in the Business Plus account in a year.

It is unclear what existing Business Plus points would be converted to, if any, although I do see 1 upgrade voucher available in the Business Plus account I manage.

https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_...ness-plus.html
Thats huge gap between status 2 and 3. FYI, For ASEAN (not singapore) company account, status 2 is required for 35000miles and Status 3 is 90000.
ernestnywang likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2023, 4:13 pm
Original Poster

Info sheet from TPECX for travel agents in Chinese: https://www.cxagents.com/content/dam...eet_230810.pdf
Old Sep 12, 2023, 10:20 am

Programs: Qantas (Lifetime Gold), PAL (Elite), British Airways (now sadly blue), Cathay MPO DM
Is there any downside to the individual traveller if the company signs up for business plus? (As an SP, I am both the company and the individual.... just checking!)
Old Sep 15, 2023, 8:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fairhsa
Is there any downside to the individual traveller if the company signs up for business plus? (As an SP, I am both the company and the individual.... just checking!)
Not that I know of
Old Sep 16, 2023, 8:01 am
Suspended

The BUsiness Plus manager in Taiwan is being moved out of her role and has said the programme is basically useless now.
Old Sep 26, 2023, 1:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by leosantos
The BUsiness Plus manager in Taiwan is being moved out of her role and has said the programme is basically useless now.
Business Plus has never provided much incentives other than the periodical sign-on bonus, frankly, but I think the new programme that allows us to earn 30% extra miles is much better than the version in the past.
Old Sep 26, 2023, 9:04 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by ernestnywang
Business Plus has never provided much incentives other than the periodical sign-on bonus, frankly, but I think the new programme that allows us to earn 30% extra miles is much better than the version in the past.
We can only hope so

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.