Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

CX Waitlist Upgrade - possibly available?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2023, 7:03 pm
Original Poster

Hi All,

I know there have been 1000 threads on waitlist upgrades but struggling to find the right one to answer my question. I booked one of the US promo tickets about a month about with CX into economy. Been aiming to get PE for the flight. CX just released award seats on my flights but my waitlist hasn't cleared. Do Awards and Waitlist use the same fare bucket for PE (and what is it)? Calling the contact center made me sad, they just keep saying that nothing will happen on my ticket until at earliest 4 days before departure if there is space available. Given Im booked over Chinese new year, Id like to get this cleared now. What's the best course of action? HUCA? Supervisor? Miracle?

Thanks!
Old Jun 29, 2023, 11:10 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Can the World of Winners tickets be upgraded?

Previously, only fare classes Y, B, H, K and M are eligible for Economy to Premium Economy Class Upgrade Awards https://downloads.asiamiles.com/pdf/...en.pdf#page=14
DiamondMile likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2023, 11:54 pm

Originally Posted by percysmith

Previously, only fare classes Y, B, H, K and M are eligible for Economy to Premium Economy Class Upgrade Awards https://downloads.asiamiles.com/pdf/...en.pdf#page=14
Not sure about the one from USA but it's possible to upgrade the ones from UK. The conditions for the UK ones mentioned it's O class but at the same time "Upgrade of travel class using Asia Miles only and not cash, is possible."
Old Jun 30, 2023, 2:41 am

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
Originally Posted by sgan317
Calling the contact center made me sad, they just keep saying that nothing will happen on my ticket until at earliest 4 days before departure if there is space available.
Is this true? The call centre told me earlier in the week that a waitlist miles upgrade could happen at any time... But then they also told me a lot of things that didn't turn out to be true, so I don't know who to believe anymore!

Crucially, new award booking inventory and upgrade award inventory do not seem to match, as I have found out to my cost.
Old Jul 2, 2023, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
North America to HK cabin upgrades using AM are usually happening at the gate.
Available seats are then given in priority of status and then date/time requested.
Old Jul 3, 2023, 2:31 am

Programs: SQ TPP28, CX DM, DL P, GA CB, WOH LGLOB, HH D, MB G, Hertz P
Originally Posted by percysmith

Yes it can.
Old Jul 3, 2023, 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by tentseller
North America to HK cabin upgrades using AM are usually happening at the gate.
Available seats are then given in priority of status and then date/time requested.
Indeed. Waitlisting for an upgrade ex-North America seems to be hopeless at least post-pandemic. You're better off setting an expectation that you'll only find out on the day you fly. At LAX, they still ask people requesting a mileage upgrade fill out a paper form (in 2022!) at the check-in desk. Then after check-in has closed, they will consolidate all the forms and then let you know at the gate if you got the upgrade. Suspect they decide who to upgrade based on status priority.
Old Dec 16, 2023, 11:09 pm

How does one waitlist an award upgrade these days? Still have to call?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.