Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Redeemed Business class- 1st Leg miles credited, 2nd Leg refused

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2023, 11:14 pm
Original Poster

As per the title I had a flight to HKG from LHR, connecting in FRA. LHR-FRA has been credited and my missing miles claim has just returned as Rejected. Have spoken to Live Chat who confirmed there's no apparent error but does anyone know how this can be the case?

For full disc, the 1st flight to FRA was operated by BA & 2nd Leg by Cathay, ironically it's the flight on BA metal that's been credited to my Cathay account
Old Apr 9, 2023, 1:33 am

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
If you redeemed miles for this ticket, where does the expectation of earning come from?
Old Apr 9, 2023, 1:40 am
Original Poster

I didn't expect to earn any miles at all, logically speaking from my own POV but when I received the miles for the 1st leg, also the customer services said it was due to the above reasons not because of the redemption ticket point.

Views welcome, as I'm a relative newbie with cathay mes
Old Apr 9, 2023, 4:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
When you redeem an award in any Frequent Flyer Program (not only CX), you are not supposed to earn miles on that ticket.

In your case, there was a mistake that miles were credited on the LHR-FRA BA flight. You are lucky and hope that your erroneous claim for missing miles does not trigger the cancellation of miles for :LHR-FRA.
nancypants and Fly2Connect like this.
Old Apr 9, 2023, 4:42 pm

Programs: Top Tier Flyertalk Member
Did you redeem the flight through Avios or Asia Miles?

Either way, none of the segments should have credited. Enjoy the small little bonus.
Old Apr 12, 2023, 5:56 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
I would delete the posts above. This is a hack. I have a similar credit.
Old Apr 12, 2023, 1:50 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 100K; Cathay Diamond; Asiana Club Diamond; SkyMiles Diamond Medallion
It is likely that BA uses more than one inventory for their redemption space and your itinerary was booked in an inventory class that is not considered a redemption class by CX (U class for Business). I have had a few LATAM redemptions that got credited to CX as well.
Just pretend you didn't see it and consider it as a bonus. By contacting CX, not only will you not get the CX leg credited but you'll also lose the BA leg that you inadvertently credited.
Old Apr 12, 2023, 1:52 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 100K; Cathay Diamond; Asiana Club Diamond; SkyMiles Diamond Medallion
Duplicated. please ignore

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.