Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Cathay Pacific Same-Day Flight Change?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cathay Pacific Same-Day Flight Change?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2023, 11:12 am

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by db07mufan
I have a redemption flight on Asiamiles come April from HKG-NRT in the morning, arriving from SGN the night before. What are the odds of them allowing me a flight change to a later flight (for more sleep)
If there are award seats, you should be able to change it by paying 50USD or 7500AM. CX will not make the change for you for free just because it is on the same day. I don't think it would be a good idea for you to just show up later that day and expect to be able to take a later flight.
lsquare likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2023, 2:22 pm

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by db07mufan
I have a redemption flight on Asiamiles come April from HKG-NRT in the morning, arriving from SGN the night before. What are the odds of them allowing me a flight change to a later flight (for more sleep)
My guess would be no, but there's no harm asking on arrival in HKG. I highly doubt SGN will do anything about your onward flight.

Originally Posted by ernestnywang
I don't think it would be a good idea for you to just show up later that day and expect to be able to take a later flight.
Not sure that was what db07mufan meant, but it should go without saying that intentionally no-showing isn't best way to approach this.
Old Mar 21, 2023, 7:26 pm

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF
Possibly the American concept of same-day changes including, later in the day flights for some..
ernestnywang and lsquare like this.
Old Mar 22, 2023, 3:57 am

Programs: MPC, KF, Accor, SPG, HH
So I just called CX to stress test this feature since I have an upcoming CX2690 and was intending to change it to CX658 this coming Saturday.

The same day free change according to the agent, was that change fees are waived. You still have to top up any fare difference if your fare subclass is sold out.

This however was posted on their FAQ

For early standby, can I take a flight a day earlier than planned?No, early standby can only be used on the date of travel. It must be an earlier flight departing on the same day from the origin airport.

i will test and let all know this Sat at the airport
lsquare likes this.

Last edited by CXFlyerBoy; Mar 22, 2023 at 4:23 am
Old Mar 22, 2023, 7:22 pm

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by CXFlyerBoy
So I just called CX to stress test this feature since I have an upcoming CX2690 and was intending to change it to CX658 this coming Saturday.

The same day free change according to the agent, was that change fees are waived. You still have to top up any fare difference if your fare subclass is sold out.

For early standby, can I take a flight a day earlier than planned?No, early standby can only be used on the date of travel. It must be an earlier flight departing on the same day from the origin airport.

Did you buy flex fare?
Old Mar 22, 2023, 11:57 pm

Originally Posted by ernestnywang
Did you buy flex fare?
yes
ernestnywang likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2023, 6:10 am

Programs: UA 1K; DL DM; IHG Platinum; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Gold; Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by lsquare
Is AA pricing dynamic? If not, how many miles?
I think AA is changing to dynamic pricing; but when this ticket was purchased, it was fixed.
lsquare likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2023, 7:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by CXFlyerBoy

Do you have an update?
Old Dec 18, 2023, 9:41 pm

Originally Posted by lsquare
Do you have an update?
no fees but you will need to top up fare difference
percysmith and lsquare like this.
Old Jan 5, 2024, 10:44 pm

Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.
what about asiamiles issued redemption ticket? from fare rules prospective it is a fully flexible fare, but once its airport control it can be used for any available seat?
Old Jan 6, 2024, 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by fakecd
what about asiamiles issued redemption ticket? from fare rules prospective it is a fully flexible fare, but once its airport control it can be used for any available seat?
reporting back

NRT changed from 501 (1030am) to 509 (9am depart) for economy on redemption ticket no issues. flight was showing mostly empty on expertflyer (Y9B9 etc) and i was able to redeem award economy the day before it goes to airport control. OWE but doubt it mattered. i dont know what happens if it was restricted revenue ticket

took the risk arrived airport early at 720 and in a desertee Jal F lounge
percysmith and lsquare like this.
Old Jan 27, 2024, 4:47 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, CX MPO DM
Any recent experience with same-day flight change when transiting through HKG on Asia Miles J redemption (say xxx-HKG-SIN and want to change to earlier HKG-SIN)? Does having check-in luggage matter? Pre-Covid I could do this with no issue for both revenue and redemption ticket at the lounge.
Old Jan 27, 2024, 5:30 pm

Originally Posted by landingpoint
Any recent experience with same-day flight change when transiting through HKG on Asia Miles J redemption (say xxx-HKG-SIN and want to change to earlier HKG-SIN)? Does having check-in luggage matter? Pre-Covid I could do this with no issue for both revenue and redemption ticket at the lounge.
these days they are less likely to do it, and if you have checked bags, don’t even count on it.
Old Jan 27, 2024, 8:16 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, BA Silver, Hertz President's Club
Originally Posted by landingpoint
From a business point of view: if your flight to SIN is already overbooked and the flight before has space (which could well be the case depending on when you travel) then I'm sure it would be approved. There are definitely other things to consider though.
Old Jan 27, 2024, 8:40 pm

issue is if yoi have checked luggage, they would be very hesitant and give you all sorts of disclaimer that bags may not be loaded. and if the bag misses the plane you would spend ur first day macking about chasIng bags and organize delivery to your hotel. if the origin airport can book you on earlier flight and luggage tagged accordIngly its a different matter. but counting on CX to. find your bag and retag and make it, doubt it

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.