Wiki Posts
Search

online check in and boarding pass.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2022, 5:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage EXP
online check in and boarding pass.

I have a flight from LAX to HKG in a few weeks. I will be arriving to LAX on a separate PNR (because AA will not add a segment for me) 😔. Anyway ..

As a US resident can I check in online for my CX flight and print my boarding pass? I would like to use the lounge while I wait for my CX departure.

Also side question. My flight out of LAX departs at 1130pm. What time does agent check in begin. The website says 4 hours, but I'm not sure if that info is outdated.

Thanks all.
Old Nov 2, 2022, 8:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage EXP
Anyone ? Have info on boarding pass? Will need it to get into lounge. But dont want to wait until desk agents arrive to get it. Thank you
Old Nov 2, 2022, 10:42 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, BA Silver, Hertz President's Club
Originally Posted by get0ffdanutzz
Anyone ? Have info on boarding pass? Will need it to get into lounge. But dont want to wait until desk agents arrive to get it. Thank you
From 2 accounts in the last month, I would say 99% no. I have been able to check in online in both instances but no boarding pass was allowed to be generated. You could potentially ask the lounge agent to see if they can find your booking and verify lounge access/check you in but that would be a huge (huge) stretch.

I would suggest completing Fly Ready online so that the check in is smooth once you do check in.
get0ffdanutzz likes this.
Old Nov 5, 2022, 7:20 am

Programs: AA 3MM EXP, SQ Solitaire, LH SEN, CX DM, Hyatt CC, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by CarefreeBA
I would suggest completing Fly Ready online so that the check in is smooth once you do check in.
There is no more Fly Ready... presumably since the documentation requirements have been streamlined now to only showing the green QR code after doing the health declaration, it's much easier now for check in agents to verify.
Old Nov 5, 2022, 8:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
THings can change rapidly, but:
1. In the past, Do NOT expect to get BP on OLCI as the staff have to check your documents to enter HK
2. FLy Ready has been discontinued as the only covid document you need is the Green code (not even need proof of RAT).

But CX seems to be on the way to offer BP at OLCI stage now based on the Green code. Not seen it yet.
Old Nov 6, 2022, 2:40 am

gotten BPs issued automatically for both an inbound and outbound HKG this week. It's back. Whether it's a good idea to head straight to the gate is another story, as outports are still in full freak out mode and you are likely to get everything checked while holding up the boarding line - but overall, a good development as you don't have to worry about being offloaded at T-40 once you've gotten a BP issued
CarefreeBA likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.