Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Broken website when searching for awards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2022 | 1:56 pm
Original Poster
FlyerTalk Evangelist
20 Countries Visited20 Nights500k15 Years on Site

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite

Busted identically on my laptop (using the website) and my iPhone (using the app which loads a webview). Never gets past this screen. Way to go CX.

Old Oct 17, 2022 | 7:37 pm

Programs: BonvoyAmbassadorElite, HyattPlatinum, Cathay Pacific Diamond, AeroplanSuperElite
Same thing has been happening to me the last few days. The extremely unprofessional customer service agent named “Curry” on the useless CX whatsapp account told me to check online after I asked her to search for award tickets. It just feels like no one knows what’s going on.
Old Oct 18, 2022 | 1:32 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau
15 Years on Site

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Cathay Pacific Search Fixer A Fix for the New "Elevated" Award Booking Engine
gpia likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2022 | 4:16 pm

Programs: CX Gold (lost Diamond after 15 years), AA Gold, Bonvoy Platinum
Instead of a round trip search (where I get the error often) try multi segment and input the RT segments - even if it is a round trip. That sometimes works
Old Oct 18, 2022 | 7:41 pm

Programs: AA Life PLT 2MM+, JL, CX, SQ, EK, QF, UA, BA, AR, Bonvoy Life Plat
Originally Posted by yyzflyalot
Same thing has been happening to me the last few days. The extremely unprofessional customer service agent named “Curry” on the useless CX whatsapp account told me to check online after I asked her to search for award tickets. It just feels like no one knows what’s going on.
CX has been aware of this widespread problem since at least August 18, 2022 when I reported it to them. The response I received from them on September 7, 2022 was that they had verified the problem and their "team" was working on a fix. So far, as you can tell, the problems have not been fixed. I wouldn't hold my breath waiting.
Old Nov 11, 2022 | 12:03 am
15 Years on Site

New bug - is search engine (the Unelevated one, anyway) not properly allowing searches where CX + a partner carrier is required, unless CX is itself a codeshare?

HKG-MUC - yes (CX has a codeshare on BA LHR-MUC)
HKG-VIE - no (obviously it should be possible, CX+BA)
HKG-SZG - no (obviously it should be possible, CX+BA)
HKG-HBA - no (obviously it should be possible, CX+QF)
HKG-CBR - yes (on BA or AY...?)
Old Nov 11, 2022 | 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by percysmith
New bug - is search engine (the Unelevated one, anyway) not properly allowing searches where CX + a partner carrier is required, unless CX is itself a codeshare?

HKG-MUC - yes (CX has a codeshare on BA LHR-MUC)
HKG-VIE - no (obviously it should be possible, CX+BA)
HKG-SZG - no (obviously it should be possible, CX+BA)
HKG-HBA - no (obviously it should be possible, CX+QF)
HKG-CBR - yes (on BA or AY...?)
All these work for me, but there is no award availability for the dates I searched (December 12-20,2022 and January 10-15, 2023).
When the tool returns "No flights" it does not mean there are no flights, just no award availability.
What dates are you looking at, and what class of travel? Which CX website flavor are you using (e.g., HKSAR-English, USA-English)?
Old Nov 11, 2022 | 7:28 pm
15 Years on Site

Originally Posted by RD57
All these work for me, but there is no award availability for the dates I searched (December 12-20,2022 and January 10-15, 2023).
When the tool returns "No flights" it does not mean there are no flights, just no award availability.
What dates are you looking at, and what class of travel? Which CX website flavor are you using (e.g., HKSAR-English, USA-English)?
HKSAR English. I cant even get past the airline selection field for say HKG-VIE. Caches have been cleared.
Old Nov 11, 2022 | 7:47 pm

HKSAR English. I cant even get past the airline selection field for say HKG-VIE. Caches have been cleared.
There is no field to select airline in the "Unelevated" search tool. What script version do you have installed?
Here is a search I just did for HKG-VIE:
Old Nov 11, 2022 | 8:55 pm
15 Years on Site

Sorry I meant the search without Cathay Pacific Search Fixer - if I am to redeem a return, without calling AM, I need to use cathaypacific.coms own search, no?
Old Nov 11, 2022 | 10:05 pm

Sorry I meant the search without Cathay Pacific Search Fixer - if I am to redeem a return, without calling AM, I need to use cathaypacific.coms own search, no?
Yes, you have to book redemptions using the native CX search. Its been broken in various ways for months. If you cant book using the website you need to call AM or try the Chat feature (if it works for you). Good luck.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.