Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

A message from our CEO, Augustus Tang

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A message from our CEO, Augustus Tang

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2022, 2:06 am

Programs: UA/EK(Gold) CX(Diamond) Marriott Gold Accor Platinum Hilton Diamond Shangri-la Jade
Originally Posted by HarbourGent
I'm grateful for the extension but a bit more consistency would have been welcome. I have flown sectors and credited them specifically to meet the previously announced requalification criteria - now it turns out I needn't have bothered.
Very typical of Cathay. They tend to make last-minute announcements and for those of us who try ensure re-qualification, we tend to lose out.
CX748 likes this.
Old Oct 8, 2022, 9:53 am

Programs: Cathay Pacific - Diamond
Originally Posted by Conkers
But you will get a special gift for doing so. Hopefully it is something more interesting than afternoon tea at the Upper House.
My money is on another round of upgrade vouchers (which I'll gladly take, assuming they're for any route length).

I would have thought they'd share something on future requalification requirements by now. Given the paltry schedule, surely CX can't stand by 1,200 status points for DM qualification.

There's also been ongoing fluff about new ways to earn status points. The 100 points offered by the Cathay credit cards for spending HK$500,000 is far from groundbreaking.
Conkers likes this.
Old Oct 8, 2022, 6:32 pm

Programs: CX DM, Accor Platinum, Discovery Titanium, Bonvoy Gold, Ultima
Originally Posted by CX748
My money is on another round of upgrade vouchers (which I'll gladly take, assuming they're for any route length).

I would have thought they'd share something on future requalification requirements by now. Given the paltry schedule, surely CX can't stand by 1,200 status points for DM qualification.

There's also been ongoing fluff about new ways to earn status points. The 100 points offered by the Cathay credit cards for spending HK$500,000 is far from groundbreaking.
Yes indeed. Given the impossibility of getting seats on certain routes at the moment, they really need to get this sorted out by 1st Jan otherwise they will continue to bleed revenue to the likes of SQ (which I am forced to use a few times before the end of the year).
Old Oct 9, 2022, 10:23 pm

Programs: CX DM / SQ PPS / VN Platinum
Originally Posted by Conkers
Not great news on the unused mid-tiers - all mine expire in November 2022! Any only those expiring from December 2022 will be extended? Makes no sense.
that's v weird. hopefully an oversight they fix for you.
How 'old' are they? i.e. when were they earned?
Old Oct 10, 2022, 5:09 am

Programs: UA/EK(Gold) CX(Diamond) Marriott Gold Accor Platinum Hilton Diamond Shangri-la Jade
Originally Posted by CX748

Bet they won't announce re-qualification rules for 2024 till Oct 2023.
Old Oct 10, 2022, 8:02 am

Programs: CX DM, Accor Platinum, Discovery Titanium, Bonvoy Gold, Ultima
Originally Posted by Jane's Addiction
that's v weird. hopefully an oversight they fix for you.
How 'old' are they? i.e. when were they earned?
Per Ernest’s note above the ones expiring next month will be extended to end December and then re-extended for 12 months. A WhatsApp exchange I had with the team confirmed that. Can’t remember exactly when they were earned but safe to assume it was 2019 at the latest.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.