Wiki Posts
Search

Why no TAO? CX954

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2022, 10:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA, AS
Why no TAO? CX954

CX has a flight from HKG to TAO, CX954, but they are not selling any seats on that flight for any days I can find. Availability is all Zero. Yes, I know it operates on limited days in the near future but even far out there is nothing even when it goes to daily. The strange thing is the flight from TAO to HKG is selling seats and has plenty available. Does anyone know why CX operates flight CX954 HKG-TAO but sells no seats on it but does on the return to HKG? TIA for any insight.
Old Aug 16, 2022, 11:49 am

Passengers can fly FROM China and transit in HKG to other places but not the opposite direction
Old Aug 16, 2022, 3:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by patrickw
Passengers can fly FROM China and transit in HKG to other places but not the opposite direction
Flights are selling from other cities in China like PVG or PEK to TAO. This makes no sense. This is a HKG only restriction? Why?
Old Aug 16, 2022, 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by skimthetrees
Flights are selling from other cities in China like PVG or PEK to TAO. This makes no sense. This is a HKG only restriction? Why?
Hong Kong isn’t “other cities in China.” it’s a Special Administrative Region and is not within the perimeter of China’s COVID controls. As a result, getting from Hong Kong to the mainland is subject to different restrictions than getting between two mainland cities.
DiamondMile likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2022, 8:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CXYYZ
Hong Kong isn’t “other cities in China.” it’s a Special Administrative Region and is not within the perimeter of China’s COVID controls. As a result, getting from Hong Kong to the mainland is subject to different restrictions than getting between two mainland cities.
It's strange to me that China likes to talk about a "One China" policy, but it really isn't. Oh well, it is what it is. Thanks for the information patrickw and CXYYZ!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.