Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

How to add CX MP number into American Airlines?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2021, 8:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Cathay MP

I have MP silver status and want to know how to get the AA benefits...
Old Aug 6, 2021, 2:19 am

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Add the FFP number under passenger details in the booking?
Old Aug 6, 2021, 5:15 am
Original Poster

I called AA and have them add the Marco Polo number in. After that, they say they don't see that I have any elite status. I am MP Silver, but they say they cannot see it...

Also, where can I see my flights? In the MP app?
Old Aug 6, 2021, 6:30 am

Marco Polo Silver offers benefits on Cathay but few meaningful benefits on most other One World airlines. Perhaps the most useful for American is priority checkin. For that you could simply show your card when checking it, it won't need to be in the booking beforehand.
Old Aug 6, 2021, 6:36 am
Original Poster

Do they offer free check baggage?
Old Aug 6, 2021, 8:12 am

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by Jc338
MPC Silver (OW Ruby) doesn't include free checked baggage when travelling on other oneworld airlines.
Old Aug 6, 2021, 8:47 am

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
I called AA and have them add the Marco Polo number in. After that, they say they don't see that I have any elite status. I am MP Silver, but they say they cannot see it...

Also, where can I see my flights? In the MP app?
Were you upgraded very recently? It might take the system a couple of days to recognize your status. Try calling AA and ask again in a few days. If they still don't see it, ask them to remove the number and re-add.

AA uses Sabre while CX uses Amadeus, so you will not see your AA PNR on CX.come or CX's app.

Originally Posted by realgaga
MPC Silver (OW Ruby) doesn't include free checked baggage when travelling on other oneworld airlines.
Per https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...age-policy.jsp, oneworld ruby members are allowed one free checked bag on AA. You can also simply show the card at check-in to use this benefit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.