Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cancelled/Now on Waitlist

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2021, 12:54 am
Original Poster

Cancelled/Now on Waitlist

I got a ticket HKG--SFO one way, 2 pax, in business class on JL0736 connecting in NRT to SFO on JL0058 on Oct 5. Was ticketed on both legs but JL0736 was just cancelled. JL0058 NRT-SFO is still there, but I've been waitlisted now for CX flights to NRT (CX520 in biz and Econ, CX506 in biz--they said you can only waitlist 3 per seg)

As an aside, when I was booking these originally, BTW, they said that I could not do one way CX + JL award, but now I'm waitlisted as that. is this an example of the right rep, right time issue that I read so much about re: Cathay?

So I guess I have a couple questions--of course--the age old--do you guys think my waitlist will clear (seat maps available to revenue customer as if booking it show only 4/40 seats taken in Business class)? And also, since I was cancelled by the airline (albeit a partner), will Cathay be more willing to do something like take us right off the waitlist right away, or something? Is there anything I can do to help this happen? I called and the rep I got was not able to answer any questions, or seem to want to do anything much extraordinary to help--super friendly, just not very willing or, seemingly, knowledgable. Is it a matter of calling until I get someone that will help?

These flights are for October 5, btw, and I am MPC Silver. Any help is much appreciated.
Old Aug 5, 2021, 3:54 pm

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by grahamgdogg
I got a ticket HKG--SFO one way, 2 pax, in business class on JL0736 connecting in NRT to SFO on JL0058 on Oct 5. Was ticketed on both legs but JL0736 was just cancelled. JL0058 NRT-SFO is still there, but I've been waitlisted now for CX flights to NRT (CX520 in biz and Econ, CX506 in biz--they said you can only waitlist 3 per seg)

As an aside, when I was booking these originally, BTW, they said that I could not do one way CX + JL award, but now I'm waitlisted as that. is this an example of the right rep, right time issue that I read so much about re: Cathay?

So I guess I have a couple questions--of course--the age old--do you guys think my waitlist will clear (seat maps available to revenue customer as if booking it show only 4/40 seats taken in Business class)? And also, since I was cancelled by the airline (albeit a partner), will Cathay be more willing to do something like take us right off the waitlist right away, or something? Is there anything I can do to help this happen? I called and the rep I got was not able to answer any questions, or seem to want to do anything much extraordinary to help--super friendly, just not very willing or, seemingly, knowledgable. Is it a matter of calling until I get someone that will help?

These flights are for October 5, btw, and I am MPC Silver. Any help is much appreciated.
Of course you can do 1 CX flight + 1 JL flight on a one-way award, provided it is a transit between the 2 flights. I would call or email and ask for "protection" so they will manually confirm you.
Old Aug 6, 2021, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
There will be many changes to the current October schedule.
Currently, I don't think that CX takes pax every day. CX520 flies daily, but I don't think that they take pax daily, and this is the Olympics. JL26 flies twice a week.
Any schedule for October is purely theoretical.
Old Aug 6, 2021, 9:55 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by brunos
There will be many changes to the current October schedule.
Currently, I don't think that CX takes pax every day. CX520 flies daily, but I don't think that they take pax daily, and this is the Olympics. JL26 flies twice a week.
Any schedule for October is purely theoretical.
I agree. I would start worrying about this in mid-September. There really isn't much point in doing anything now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.