Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Middle name issue with Cathay pacific

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2019, 4:41 am
Original Poster

Hi I just booked my flight through a travel agent called fly365.
I didn't put my middle name and now I am freaking out about not being able to board the flight. I am flying from Melbourne to Mumbai. The middle name is on my passport and I didn't realise this is such a big issue with Cathay pacific?
Old Mar 15, 2019, 6:39 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Probably ought to ask a Mod to move this to the CX forum.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 6:08 am

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
Originally Posted by Parnak Dave
Hi I just booked my flight through a travel agent called fly365.
I didn't put my middle name and now I am freaking out about not being able to board the flight. I am flying from Melbourne to Mumbai. The middle name is on my passport and I didn't realise this is such a big issue with Cathay pacific?
I didn't either and have just come back from 4 sectors including a Melbourne departure. No issues. When you enter your passport details just don't put in your middle name. I have 2 passports and needed them checked at Melbourne and the agent there said nothing about not having my middle name listed. I believe it's more of an issue for Chinese names rather than English names from what has been posted on here before.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 6:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
No issue whatsoever
Old Mar 16, 2019, 10:53 am

I’ve been told by a CX agent before, it only matters when you require a visa to get into the country you’re arriving and the ticket needs to match exactly the visa in the passport (ie with all names), but not a problem if visa is not required to enter the country you flying to.

If in doubt, just call CX.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by rontse
I’ve been told by a CX agent before, it only matters when you require a visa to get into the country you’re arriving and the ticket needs to match exactly the visa in the passport (ie with all names), but not a problem if visa is not required to enter the country you flying to.

If in doubt, just call CX.
Really? I don't recalled having that problem before. The CX website would tell me that my name doesn't match what's on my passport when I check-in online, but I'm just omitting my middle name. I've never had a CX agent giving me a problem at the airport or at the gate. I don't think any airline have ever given me a problem because my middle name isn't on a ticket.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.