Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Cathay Elite Amex - Priority Pass ends 23 April 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2019, 3:46 am
Original Poster

Just got this in my inbox - if you have a Cathay Pacific Elite Amex, your Priority Pass access ends 23 April. It appears access will be cut off, even though your Priority Pass card expiry date might be in the future. Well that sucks. Get your visits in while you can!

The exception is if you only got the card since Nov 2018, you can still apply for a 12 month Priority Pass membership before you're also cut off.

I'll probably keep the card as long as they keep waiving the fee for MPO Silver, but it just became a lot less useful.
Old Apr 27, 2019, 12:14 am

Did they officially announce this? I don’t think I even got any notification or email.

Im wondering if there are any benefits left to keeping this card? Apart from access to the packed Plaza Premium lounge I really cannot think of any benefits?
Old Apr 27, 2019, 1:40 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by twonga
Did they officially announce this? I don’t think I even got any notification or email.

Im wondering if there are any benefits left to keeping this card? Apart from access to the packed Plaza Premium lounge I really cannot think of any benefits?
Not just Plaza Premium HK but worldwide. Incl TPE, YVR, SYD and MEL.
Old Apr 27, 2019, 2:04 am

Originally Posted by percysmith

Not just Plaza Premium HK but worldwide. Incl TPE, YVR, SYD and MEL.
Thats a good point actually. Just checked and it seems no other low end credit cards in Hong Kong are offering the Priority pass anymore either..
Old Apr 27, 2019, 2:29 am

Programs: CX MPC, AC Aeroplan
Originally Posted by twonga

The announcement came in one of those "Important Notice to Cardmembers" email back in Feb.

AMEX bought LoungeBuddy in March. I hope they will (might) introduce similar lounge benefits for the card later?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.