Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

CX - Book seats online at -48hrs or...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2019, 3:39 am
Original Poster

... wait til check-in?

My husband and I are booked to travel LGW-HKG-BNE with Cathay Pacific next Thursday 28 Feb.

It's an economy fare so we aren't able to book our seats until check-in opens 48 hours before. I'm a worry wart and am having nightmares that the only seats available will be centre seats and that we'll be seated apart.

My question is, if that is the case 48 hours before, is there any benefit to not booking seats online and turning up at the airport and hoping they can seat us together? It's a long old flight to be sat between two people your don't know..

Thank you!
Old Feb 22, 2019, 9:59 am
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Moving thread to Cathay Pacific Forum
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator
Old Feb 22, 2019, 10:18 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
lets assume no
ure almost better off reserving early and see what your options are at the airport
Old Feb 22, 2019, 10:42 am
Original Poster

Sorry, so does that mean check in at the airport or book what we can online 48 hrs before?
Old Feb 22, 2019, 12:09 pm

I suggest you check in online at exactly T-48 to see whats available, and select any pair you can find/like.
If youre still not happy, go to the airport a little earlier and see what they can do for you - I believe some seats are blocked for the airport staff to assign.

Youll be on the A350/A330 aircraft to BNE, so plenty of seat pairs in economy. I think you should be alright. Enjoy the flight!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.